audiophile quality albums
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #241 of 340
Wow, Porcupine Tree is really, realllly good. Just ordered a bunch of their CD's. Never even heard of them before this thread. Nice find.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #243 of 340
Interesting. I wasn't aware that MoFi reissued this title on a Gold CD. It is not listed in their catalog of out-of-print archives. But the Muddy Waters album has been issued as an UltraDisc II gold CD, which is why I thought your post was a typo.

--Jerome

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #244 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. I wasn't aware that MoFi reissued this title on a Gold CD. It is not listed in their catalog of out-of-print archives. But the Muddy Waters album has been issued as an UltraDisc II gold CD, which is why I thought your post was a typo.

--Jerome

That Muddy Waters MoFi is amazing. One of the most breathtaking recordings I've ever heard. And I heard it on another person's AMAZING speaker rig.

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #245 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Muddy Waters MoFi is amazing. One of the most breathtaking recordings I've ever heard. And I heard it on another person's AMAZING speaker rig.

Agreed. It's a wonderful recording and a great reissue from MoFi.

--Jerome

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #246 of 340
Quote:

Agreed. It's a wonderful recording and a great reissue from MoFi.

--Jerome

..and it's about time someone sent me their copy: been trying to get one for ages.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #247 of 340
The label Harmonia Mundi really set the bar for audiophile recorded classical - older LPs sell for big $$$ on Ebay. A lot of it is ancient music.

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #248 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..and it's about time someone sent me their copy: been trying to get one for ages.

Classic Records - Chess LPS-1483 ?

Feb 15, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #249 of 340
I have the 200g vinyl Classic Records reissue too, and the mastering on that release is equally superb. Better yet, it's still available.
smily_headphones1.gif

--Jerome

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #252 of 340
Quote:

Didn't know there was one...but I just ordered it from Amazon.com

By the way, this DVD-A is also from Classic Records so I suspect it will sound great.

--Jerome

Thanks, I'm going to go ahead and order that one too then.

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #255 of 340
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had not heard any Porcupine Tree before reading this thread, so I You Tubed a few videos. NICE! I love DT so this was a nice find for me. Can't wait to hear them on my home gear. Is there anything better than finding new music that hits you on the first listen?

Looks like they have a nice catalog too, curse you head-fi, again!

Porcupine Tree kick the crap out of DT. Also, if you can, get a hold of the Porcupine Tree DVD-A's. They sound incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back