Audiophile Ninja cables?
Feb 9, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #166 of 214
I have sensitive hearing and am quite bothered by "electromagnetic ghosts" which haunt the stock Sennheiser 58X cables. I'm starting to think it's just an obligatory step to replace stock cables for any high quality headphone. I'm hopeful for these audiophile ninja cables to do well in that department, but I can't make "apples-to-apples" comparison to stock because it will be switching to a 4.4mm TRRRS balanced connector.

I'll review it the best I can when it arrives. How long is typical shipping time after an order?

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #167 of 214
I have sensitive hearing and am quite bothered by "electromagnetic ghosts" which haunt the stock Sennheiser 58X cables. I'm starting to think it's just an obligatory step to replace stock cables for any high quality headphone. I'm hopeful for these audiophile ninja cables to do well in that department, but I can't make "apples-to-apples" comparison to stock because it will be switching to a 4.4mm TRRRS balanced connector.

I'll review it the best I can when it arrives. How long is typical shipping time after an order?
They usually ship same week (3-5 days on average after ordering). @NinjaJeremy has some excellent turn-around times.

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #168 of 214
They arrived for my Sennie 58X's. I promised a review.

There is a difference in sound. I believe quickie A/B testing to be a scandalously misinformed practice. 95% of musical experience takes place unconsciously and needs time to coax it out to awareness. Sound review will therefore come later. Pre-spoiler/teaser: it sounds different.

REVIEW PART I.

1. SHIPPING:

Order date: 5 February 2023. Ship date: 10 February. Arrival: 13 February. Journey: Wisconsin to California.
United States Postal Service.

2. PACKAGE CONTENTS:
  • small black audiophile ninja branded box
  • the cable, coiled and wrapped in a little velcro tie.
  • a key chain with black beer-bottle opener with audiophile ninja text
  • black audiophile ninja pen
  • a card explaining where to align left and right cables to the headphone (1)
3. INSTALLATION (connectors)
Amp. The 4.4mm balanced TRRRS connector makes a very pleasing tight snug snappy fit. So much so, that at first I was alarmed to only be hearing the left channel. It turns out I had not fully inserted all the way into the jack, which required extra force but was rewarded with a tight snug snap-thunk-and-lock kinaesthetic feeling. A very sure, tight, solid connection.

Cans. The card explaining L and R is not needed for the cables I received. At least for Sennheiser, the 2-pin connectors are now marked with etched letters of L and R. Connection fit and quality here is good and as expected.

4. MATERIALS, BUILD QUALITY.
I give an A. The feeling of quality is a big improvement over the thin cheapie rubbery stock cable.
  • The cable is noticeably thicker and confidence inspiring without seeming over-thick or over-heavy. They nailed the sweet-spot for a near perfect feeling, at least when it comes to psychological feeling of durability and security, and convenience/ergonomics.
    • While heavier and less flexible than thin cheapie stock, I did not find it annoyingly so but rather, was pleased that weight was less than expected, and flexibility greater than expected, for a thicker sturdier cable. Well done in finding a pleasing sweet spot here.
  • The matte black (nylon?) fabric of the woven insulator sheath, like good bed sheets, has a nice high "thread count" which makes it pleasing to touch and feel. Visually it matches to the headphones nicely and exudes quality. EDIT: Note, it's a metaphor: it's not really like Egyptian cotton. It's criss-crossy woven nylon whose thread count is much finer relative to cheapie versions of threaded nylon that you often feel in other products.
  • It has a barrel-cylinder covering the Y-split to the two separate channels going up to the two different cans. It's a nice semi-sheen black with perhaps a super-tiny bit of squeezy/rubbery give to it. It has nickel or aluminum rims on each edge and a small company logo.
  • The jack connector is similar theme of black with metal edge-rims on it. I don't know the material if it's plastic or something else but has the feeling of a glazed shiny black ceramic.
  • The connector and metal edges here are gold-coloured, though, idk, might be brass. Sorry I don't know.
Final impression is high build quality, good look and feel, and good value for the money.

For people whose setup and sonic signature will benefit from the sonic qualities this cable imparts, I would highly recommend. Those sonic qualities will come in forthcoming review.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #169 of 214
They arrived for my Sennie 58X's. I promised a review.

There is a difference in sound. I believe quickie A/B testing to be a scandalously misinformed practice. 95% of musical experience takes place unconsciously and needs time to coax it out to awareness. Sound review will therefore come later. Pre-spoiler/teaser: it sounds different.

REVIEW PART I.

1. SHIPPING:

Order date: 5 February 2023. Ship date: 10 February. Arrival: 13 February. Journey: Wisconsin to California.
United States Postal Service.

2. PACKAGE CONTENTS:
  • small black audiophile ninja branded box
  • the cable, coiled and wrapped in a little velcro tie.
  • a key chain with black beer-bottle opener with audiophile ninja text
  • black audiophile ninja pen
  • a card explaining where to align left and right cables to the headphone (1)
3. INSTALLATION (connectors)
Amp. The 4.4mm balanced TRRRS connector makes a very pleasing tight snug snappy fit. So much so, that at first I was alarmed to only be hearing the left channel. It turns out I had not fully inserted all the way into the jack, which required extra force but was rewarded with a tight snug snap-thunk-and-lock kinaesthetic feeling. A very sure, tight, solid connection.

Cans. The card explaining L and R is not needed for the cables I received. At least for Sennheiser, the 2-pin connectors are now marked with etched letters of L and R. Connection fit and quality here is good and as expected.

4. MATERIALS, BUILD QUALITY.
I give an A. The feeling of quality is a big improvement over the thin cheapie rubbery stock cable.
  • The cable is noticeably thicker and confidence inspiring without seeming over-thick or over-heavy. They nailed the sweet-spot for a near perfect feeling, at least when it comes to psychological feeling of durability and security, and convenience/ergonomics.
    • While heavier and less flexible than thin cheapie stock, I did not find it annoyingly so but rather, was pleased that weight was less than expected, and flexibility greater than expected, for a thicker sturdier cable. Well done in finding a pleasing sweet spot here.
  • The matte black (nylon?) fabric of the woven insulator sheath, like good bed sheets, has a nice high "thread count" which makes it pleasing to touch and feel. Visually it matches to the headphones nicely and exudes quality. EDIT: Note, it's a metaphor: it's not really like Egyptian cotton. It's criss-crossy woven nylon whose thread count is much finer relative to cheapie versions of threaded nylon that you often feel in other products.
  • It has a barrel-cylinder covering the Y-split to the two separate channels going up to the two different cans. It's a nice semi-sheen black with perhaps a super-tiny bit of squeezy/rubbery give to it. It has nickel or aluminum rims on each edge and a small company logo.
  • The jack connector is similar theme of black with metal edge-rims on it. I don't know the material if it's plastic or something else but has the feeling of a glazed shiny black ceramic.
  • The connector and metal edges here are gold-coloured, though, idk, might be brass. Sorry I don't know.
Final impression is high build quality, good look and feel, and good value for the money.

For people whose setup and sonic signature will benefit from the sonic qualities this cable imparts, I would highly recommend. Those sonic qualities will come in forthcoming review.
Another Ninja believer is born!

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #170 of 214
Thank you all for the kind words! :heart_eyes: We do try to build the best no-BS possible cable, and it is cool to see others share that same passion.

:heartbeat::heartpulse::sparkling_heart::two_hearts:💞💗💖💕💓

As it is Valentine's day, I want to share a heartfelt thanks, and we love you all! ❤️

Few quick updates from our team:

Improved L/R Orientation with black 'tag':
All of our cables cleverly utilize the Ninja logo on the splitter to identify L/R orientation. BAM!

In addition to that little trick and from listening to our feedback, ALL of our cables will now either have L/R markings on them directly, or have a piece of black heatshrink marking the Right side. This will benefit the customers who both prefer a subtle look and tactile feel to designate the right side, without having to always look at the splitter. Win / Win. Double whammy. You get the picture.
Screenshot-2021-11-03-151013.jpg

Recent Slightly Longer Build Times:
Typically, in the past, we were able to build and ship within 2-3 business days, even though our advertised time is approximately 5-7 business days. But lately, we've been hovering at the 5-7 mark, since there's only 3 of us, and when one of us (or our kids) gets sick, it definitely sucks and delays us a bit.

We've had a rough winter, but are working late nights and weekends to keep up when we are delayed. We truly do appreciate your patience, as we are a tiny business, and we are still human. And with the occasional supply chain issue tossed in here and there, we are working like crazy to get cables built as quickly as possible.

HD800 Back in Stock!
Speaking of supply issues, we had some sourcing issues with our custom HD800 connectors during the COVID supply craziness, but HD800 cables are now back in action!

Communications:
We love to hear from our customers! Feedback, new requests, etc. Just remember that while we have Head-Fi, and other social media accounts, the best way to get ahold of us is via support@audiophileninja.com We typically don't check PMs from these social media sites, and it's much easier to track and support you as quickly as possible when we can manage it in one location.

The team spends most of the time in the shop working on your cables, but we do try to respond as quickly as possible.

Custom Orders:
While we do complete some custom orders for our customers (if our design allows for the build and we have the parts needed), being a small shop, we can't complete every custom request asked of us. But if we can, we will!

That's all for now!

Best regards and enjoy your music!

Jeremy

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #171 of 214
Feb 14, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #172 of 214
I just ordered a pair for my Atrium's...If they are good enough for @ColSaulTigh they are good enough for me to them a try...I don't think I will be disappointed..He has always had solid advice on tubes as well...I always like to support smaller and domestic businesses.

Feb 14, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #175 of 214
I've used everything from the garbage that comes with Focal headphones (which should really be a crime) to my Tara Labs Omega Lives (yes, I own two of them). I also have Norne, Viking Weave, Meze, and a slathering of other cables in here. For pure value-to-spend, you can't beat them. I have 12' Utopias for when I want to relax on the futon, some 8' for my Clear Mg's, and some 5 or 6' (can't remember) for my Sennheiser 660s, plus another short pair that I got when I bought my Utopias used. Oddly, the only ones I don't have (yet) are for my Meze/ZMF headphones....I imagine that I'll pick up some for them soon.

@NinjaJeremy and the team at AudiophileNinja make great cables, period. Plus, as others have said, I like supporting small businesses, made in the USA ('murica), and where else can you get a cable, a pen, and a bottle opener for less than $100?!?!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #176 of 214
I took a long time to evaluate, in this case it's 58X stock vs. audiophile ninja balanced. Obviously changing to balanced on the amp is interfacing the amp likely more even than the cable. So nay-sayers can mix it all up and say any which way.

This is why I took a long time but I do not dispute arguments over the cause of it.

Even so, I want to report to people this is definitely an improvement in my situation. I have "ifi zen stack", your stack may vary. A big variable here is that doing balanced cable into the amp is changing the whole circuit electric vibe more even than the cable, so my review can't help to be coloured but what it's like to change to balanced...

With that said, I felt , possibly erroneously, that the balanced cable is providing a bit of "studio", "clean", and confidence to what it going on. I advised before I don't give short AB test, but this was almost a month getting a good idea. Fighting my own placebo for a month vs. what I feel in my ears. So now I'm sure about it, it could be laughable to some who know and to others they want to fight. Not me. I am sure about it.

The ninja audiophile cable has a bit more faster, stronger, harder, cleaner. It's not huge but for what I paid for it, very worth it.

Mar 22, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #177 of 214
I also really love my audiophile ninja cables! The change in sound is from switching to balanced, the higher power output makes sound pop. They are well made cables and I buy them for the ergonomics, they don’t change the sound.

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #178 of 214
Just received my Ninja cables plus adapter, high quality indeed, premium feeling and beautiful

I can finally use my D8000 Pro fully balanced which I never tried before and so far it is excellent!

Cheap, reliable and high quality. Recommended!

1682515554604.jpg

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #180 of 214
Recently got into the hobby and got mine for Meze 109 Pro after listening with the stock cables for about 60ish hours. I’ve heard cables just being snake oil, but I really do notice the audio being more clear/detailed with audio ninja cable. My amp/dac is JDS Labs Element 3.

and as others have mentioned, the build quality is good, no noise when rubbing the cable, and no twists and knots. The stock cables felt like my AKG 7xx cables and those are forever twisted and Meze stock cables felt the same so decided to upgrade. Sound clarity was a plus on my end.

I’m going to have to remember to ask to opt-out of the goodies that come with the cables since I already have a few from past orders…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back