Audiophile Ninja cables?
Nov 1, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #196 of 214
Hi! Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the ZMF OFC cable? I have a new pair of Atriums and the OFC Zmf one sounds fine but I never object to upgrading based on looks and feel lol. Is the covering like a soft cloth or is it more hard and brittle? How’s the weight and flexibility? I use long runs so am looking at 15ft which at that length, things like feel and flex and especially microphonics become a bigger deal
I never compared directly to any of the ZMF cables, but I did get the AN 15’ cable and an XLR to 1/4” adapter because the 1/4” extension cable I have isn’t great. Cable is flexible, lays well, only makes loops on the floor if I haven’t untwisted it after looping it on the wall hook (to keep out of reach of a curious kitten). Feels substantial, but not heavy. I wasn’t looking for a sonic upgrade, but when you only have a cheap 10’ extension from Amazon to use with the stock ZMF cable, the bar isn’t set very high. I might be missing something, and will possibly get into nicer cables at some point, but the AN cable is good enough that I’m in no hurry.

Nov 1, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #197 of 214
Hi! Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the ZMF OFC cable? I have a new pair of Atriums and the OFC Zmf one sounds fine but I never object to upgrading based on looks and feel lol. Is the covering like a soft cloth or is it more hard and brittle? How’s the weight and flexibility? I use long runs so am looking at 15ft which at that length, things like feel and flex and especially microphonics become a bigger deal
I had two ZMF cables their high end copper and silver-hybrid cables. No sonic differences between this and the Canare wire found inside the AN cables. The weight and cloth feel of the ZMF is on another level and very lush feeling. With better connectors and they don't tangle and are very soft. Nice to touch and hold.

Weight, pliability and texture was much more superior on the ZMF cables without a doubt but cables don't affect FR. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #198 of 214
I never compared directly to any of the ZMF cables, but I did get the AN 15’ cable and an XLR to 1/4” adapter because the 1/4” extension cable I have isn’t great. Cable is flexible, lays well, only makes loops on the floor if I haven’t untwisted it after looping it on the wall hook (to keep out of reach of a curious kitten). Feels substantial, but not heavy. I wasn’t looking for a sonic upgrade, but when you only have a cheap 10’ extension from Amazon to use with the stock ZMF cable, the bar isn’t set very high. I might be missing something, and will possibly get into nicer cables at some point, but the AN cable is good enough that I’m in no hurry.
As someone who has spend a fair amount of money on cables both for aesthetic/ergonomic performance reasons and feel that I have heard substantial differences with my ears/my gear (not looking to pick an argument, just noting my POV):
- AN cables are a high-quality product, amazing for the money- that includes service and support.
- Cases where you need extra-long runs and/or special terminations (think balanced 4.4 mm for a balanced DAP) are in my mind perfect for AN purchases, as well as upgrades from stock cables that are microphonic, kink too easily, or are just a bit too short.
- The SQ with AN cables is very good- I’d be surprised if any stock replaceable cables are any better, unless you do an upgrade to top-level stock cables… but I’ll defer to those who have compared the hybrid ZMF upgrade cables to AN- but if the person is biased against cables making a sonic difference, that’s a bias too 😊.
- If you spend a lot more, you can also get much more customized, better-sounding cables. But you need resolving gear for it to be worthwhile, and at that point you are definitely chasing smaller differences in SQ vs. other upgrades.
- Whether or not you choose to opt for a cable upgrade or another expense to improve SQ is highly personal and gear-dependent (and hearing-dependent of course). Everyone’s different… but in my experience you have to spend 2-3x more on a cable upgrade vs AN’s prices to get a significant SQ improvement. Up to you if you want to invest that much and how it’s balanced with other gear expenses.

Nov 2, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #199 of 214
Does anyone have a AN cable for 109 Pro/99C they could post a pic? I'm curious how the connector looks coming out of the socket, and if any of the brass plug shows.

AN site only shows the 99C, and you can see how much of the connector shows.
https://www.audiophileninja.com/product-tag/meze/

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #200 of 214
Can't give you a direct comparison to the ZMF OFC, as I left mine in the box and went straight to my Tara Labs stuff. Having said that, I find the Audiophile Ninja stuff to be a step above stock cables in general in terms of sound quality, but they're HANDS ABOVE in build quality! I have Audiophile Ninja cables for Every pair of headphones I own, from my Sennheiser 660s all the way through to my Utopias & Meze Elites (and my ZMF's, Senn 8XX, Focal Clear MG, etc.). They have a very soft, absolutely non-microphonic, lightweight soft nylon (so not as soft as say cotton, but not as stiff as my Taras) wrapping. They are simple in design, built for longevity, and are a very high-quality build. I have a 12' set for my Utopias that I use whenever I'm laying down to listen to my headphones.

It's no secret I'm a bit of a fanboy, but I believe in supporting small US-based businesses whenever possible. Audiophile Ninja deserves your money. Plus, the swag is way cooler than anyone else!

shutupandtakemymoney-money.gif

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #202 of 214
My audiophile ninja cable came in last night and finally having a chance to check it out this morning. Build quality is excellent - the feel of the sleeving is exactly what I was looking for. Nice lightness and flexible, as this is a 15ft cable I got. By far, the least microphonic cable for a headphone I’ve ever owned! Zero microphonic noise possible. The splitter and L to R orientation works for me, but I do like that my right side near headphone entry has a little heat shrink to help differentiate. As for sound, not finding it any different as of yet from my stock OFC cable for the atrium which I’m happy with and will gladly take.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and help.

Jan 7, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #205 of 214
Anyone have experience with Ninja interconnects? I know their headphone cables are solid. I was doing a little rearranging and remembered seeing they had some basic interconnects in some handy sizes that might help cut down on the horrendous rat’s nest I currently have. Maybe one day I’ll get smart and just have an amp du jour, and let the rest reside cordless on a nearby shelf or displayed on the mantle. Looks like the size options could be handy as well: 2, 6, 10, 14, 20, 38, and 60 inches.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #206 of 214
I can't find much information on Audiophile Ninja cables anywhere (and yes, I tried the search function here). Does anybody use these cables? Thoughts?

Audiophile Ninja Website
Just bought a cable from them. Excellent quality. Reasonably priced. Also have a Hart cable like this one more. Customer support was excellent. They go out of their way to make sure you are satisfied! Highly recommend these cables

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #207 of 214
2 years ago I bought a cable that I still own. I exited the hobby and sold off all my gear but have come back in full force. Naturally I wanted my favorite headphone again, the Arya v2 which I got a killer deal on. And an amazing headphone can't go without an amazing cable so I have another one ordered from Audiophile Ninja!

Giving a bump to this thread cuz these guys make incredible cables. Love the look, feel, and they sound great

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #208 of 214
Just got the cable in and quality as before! A nice noticeable difference in the sound quality from the stock cable I'd been using. The stock cable had noticably boomier bass and overall resolution wasn't as sharp. With stock cable everything felt a little warmer and veiled. It's clearer, I can hear tiny details even better listening to the intro to Shine on you crazy diamond and hearing the little glistening bells to my sides. I want to say the soundstage is a tad bigger as well, but that could just be that veiled character being gone. Thanks again guys!

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #209 of 214
I just received my order for my Hifman HE1000SE cable replacement. I believe in thorough cable break-in period, but I had to listen to my new Ninja immediately even though I knew they were likely to sound a bit raw and lacking in solid bass. But I was wrong. I am shocked at how much better Ninja already sounds than the stock HE1000SE cable. No edginess, solid bass, nice midrange. Even if they don't improve over time, I am entirely pleased with what they are now adding to my listening pleasure.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #210 of 214
I use audiophile cables almost exclusively now despite having ZMF grand palladium and other expensive cables. The audiophile ninja cables are just as good but it looks rough and rugged. Maybe Not having color options like other cables made them unpopular. So I put the other expensive cables hung up to look at while using the audiophile ninja for listening, best of both worlds?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back