Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread
Aug 13, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #91 of 160
The only good bluetooth experience I've had is with my Plantronics Back Beat Pro. I've only tried a few other BT headphones/headsets, though, including in-ear models, but none of them sounded quite as good as the Plantronics. That they also have the best BT I've used and I got them for nearly half-off is also a huge bonus.

I don't necessarily have a need for the ANC and call features (which work very well), but they are a great portable listening option. They are currently on loan to my roommate and I've gone back to using the AF180's for music.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #92 of 160
Thanks guys.  Can you use the Noble BT plug in with the 180's or even other IEM's?

Feb 14, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #95 of 160
After extensively reading reviews the past few days, my search is down to the AF-180 and Earsonics SM64 (also casually considering the Westone W40 but most reviews I've read put the AF and SM64 ahead of the W40).

I've searched but can't find any comparisons between the two. Anyone have experience with both and can offer their thoughts?

For reference I currently own the TDK BA-200, Hifiman RE-400 and RHA MA750, so this will be a considerable step up for me in price and (hopefully) sound quality. I'm a huge fan of my TDK (warm, smooth, balance sound while still retaining solid clarity) and looking for a similar sound signature with more clarity and crispness and a more full soundstage. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #96 of 160
I will add that comfort is very important to me; a good part of why I love the BA200s so much is they are incredibly comfortable for me, the MA750s, by contrast, are just too big for my ears even with the smallest tips. I can get them in my ears and they work fine but I continue to reach for the BA200s in part because of how much better they fit me. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #98 of 160
Would you guys recommend these for edm music? Also looking at the audiofly af160 for edm but not quite sure. Thanks for the replies ahead of time

Yes, the bass is tight and rhythmic, perfect for EDM. 

If you listen to mostly EDM, I would recommend you try out the AF140s along with the AF180s.  The AF140's dynamic driver lets you not only hear the bass but "feel" it also.  The ear earthquakes are quite addicting and is something that the AF180s can't match.  The AF180s are better IEMs overall, but I always grab the AF140s for EDM.

Hope that helps.

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #99 of 160
Would you guys recommend these for edm music? Also looking at the audiofly af160 for edm but not quite sure. Thanks for the replies ahead of time

Yes, the bass is tight and rhythmic, perfect for EDM. 

If you listen to mostly EDM, I would recommend you try out the AF140s along with the AF180s.  The AF140's dynamic driver lets you not only hear the bass but "feel" it also.  The ear earthquakes are quite addicting and is something that the AF180s can't match.  The AF180s are better IEMs overall, but I always grab the AF140s for EDM.

Hope that helps.

Are the comparible or better than fidue a83?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Feb 22, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #100 of 160
No idea. My experience is with Shure and Westone. For me, Audiofly is better.

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #102 of 160
Please do share your thoughts.

Westones are nice too. Their balanced armatures have the BA bite that can be unique at first, but then I realized that it wasn't natural sounding. The Audiofly's are smoother, without the BA bite, but they still retain all the detail I care to hear. They check off all the boxes for me ... done looking.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #104 of 160
I heard that af180 mmcx connectors don't work very well with 3rd party devices. Tested it also myself with a shure cable.

I bought my audiofly last summer and the lenght and lack of a mic with remote control is getting on my nerves. Currently using it with my fiio x3sg on a daily basis. Always adjusting it, when it is in my jacket isn't managable anymore, especially since I switched my fiio to lgs v10 smartphone. I checked some brands like moon-audio and co. nowhere to found. Can someone help me?

Regards

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #105 of 160
The housing on the Audiofly IEMs have those two bumps on the connector end. The bumps are the same plastic as the shell and are designed to keep the stock cable from rotating.

You can snap the tabs off or file them down with a nail file (be sure to blow out any filings after) and your AF180's should play well with any third party cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back