Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread
Mar 4, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #107 of 160
  The housing on the Audiofly IEMs have those two bumps on the connector end. The bumps are the same plastic as the shell and are designed to keep the stock cable from rotating.

You can snap the tabs off or file them down with a nail file (be sure to blow out any filings after) and your AF180's should play well with any third party cables.

I'm not fluent in english. It is my third language. But what do you mean with bumps and tabs? The part where "You can snap the tabs" did you do it with your own af180? Can you show me, when you have time, a picture of it?

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #108 of 160
This is what my AF180's look like now. The outer shell around the connector has been trimmed down. On a stock model, there are two raised spots on either side that will prevent third party cables from seating properly.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #109 of 160
  After extensively reading reviews the past few days, my search is down to the AF-180 and Earsonics SM64 (also casually considering the Westone W40 but most reviews I've read put the AF and SM64 ahead of the W40).

I've searched but can't find any comparisons between the two. Anyone have experience with both and can offer their thoughts?

For reference I currently own the TDK BA-200, Hifiman RE-400 and RHA MA750, so this will be a considerable step up for me in price and (hopefully) sound quality. I'm a huge fan of my TDK (warm, smooth, balance sound while still retaining solid clarity) and looking for a similar sound signature with more clarity and crispness and a more full soundstage. 

I had both. I first took the AF180 but returned them because of problem. When I was turning my head the cable connecting the earphone and the cable was moving and the sound was scartching. Then I took the SM64. They have clearly different sound signature. The SM64 is clearly putting bass and mediums in front. The AF180 is more balanced. In term of confort I still prefer the SM64. Mouthpieces given with the AF180 was not matching with my hears. After it's a question of taste. Both are goods, I had still a preference for the AF180 however I'm happy with my SM64 now.

May 25, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #112 of 160
Hi guys, I just bought an Af180 two weeks ago. I am really happy with that. I don't have much experiences with iems, but after migrating af180 from Re600s, the sound is more clear, balanced and deeper. Even though mid-range and  vocal are positioned a little back, I love it :). I also have a desktop setup which has t90 and la figaro 336c, but I mostly listen music with Af180 over fiio e12 amp.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #116 of 160
Don't understand how these never got some HF love, it's pretty much an iem version of the HD650 but with a slightly more extended treble.

Perhaps because they are aren't that impressive?

Btw I heard they are releasing new model by the beginning of 2017. I believe it will gonna be the next flagship because it was said that its a higher model than AF180

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #118 of 160
Coming from the RE-400, I'm looking for a high-end IEM with a similar sig. Currently looking at this and the Stagediver 2 -- has anyone used both? 

Edit: Got the AF180 today. Not sure how I feel about it. It's definitely very detailed and has a nice balance across low/mid/high. However, I liked the more forward mid/warmth of the RE400 for vocals more, and the AF180 is *slightly* too sibilant to my liking (granted, that's coming from the RE400, which are amazingly non-sibilant).

Any feedback on these after breakin? Wondering if I can except the SQ to change at all. Might send them back and get the SD2 instead...

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #119 of 160
Hi guys, I have been using Audiofly af180 since 10 months. I figured out a shell opening problem on socket side couple of weeks ago, so I send an mail to the Audiofly support/warranty with detailed images and explanation. They said that the problem isn't something they have had reports of and is not included in their manufacturing issues. What will be your suggestions on this issue? They suggested me to use super glue to fix opening.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #120 of 160
What the ...? The shell broke, so if it is still under warranty they have to fix it or to exchange it. Doesn't matter if they reports of similar cases before or not.
To suggest the customer to fix it with super glue is an insult and shows that they do not care. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back