Audioengine A5's?
Jan 3, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #63 of 66
better get the velodyne sub at S8 price level.

just my 1 petot!

Jan 6, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love my A5's, but a few issues;

like others, i noticed the audio in jack on top is a bit flakey, it can sometimes produce a loud hum, which is distracting and unnaceptable, i dont use that now, but its a poor quality implementation on such premium speakers, considering the fiio e3 mini jack doesnt do that!!!!!

the really annoying feature is their inbuilt auto-sleep feature, which for me, in my setup means i have to crank up the volume to loud and wait upto about 10 seconds for the audio feed to come back through and then when it does, by definition, cause the volume has to be loud to awaken them from their slumber, comes on way too loud.

i have contacted them to ask on the technical details of that sleep circuit, to ask if theres a way of me disabling it, i would be willing to void my warranty to kill that feature!!! lets hope its jumpered option, but i doubt it!!

they are very nearly such fantastic units.

The same thing happens to me.
redface.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #65 of 66
Does anybody know of any place to to buy them in Japan? Or is it strictly on-line only?

Jan 7, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #66 of 66
@brighten, sorry to hear you have the same thing!!!

regarding my issue with the auto-sleep feature, seems it was not solely down to the audioengines, the culprit seems to be my inano passive attenuator, which when set to to low was causing the cutouts.

so thank goodness the A5's are ok, but my comments regarding the top ports still stands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back