BULLET
FPGA ver:1.41
Control Ver:2.73
Display Ver:1.19
CAN Ok

do you suggest any update?

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #257 of 916
Congratulations! That is the latest FW.

Need at least 5 days of burn-in. See my posts/experiences starting at page 3 of this thread.

Sorry don't know about SOTM. Ask @Joe-Siow how he connected.

Registrer at https://support.audiobyte.net/ for FW updates.

Any word of the Hydra.HUB?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #258 of 916
some one tested if Powe cables have impact on the Sound Quality of Hydra Vox+Zap?

Or this "ultra-capacitor based power supply" is a sort of "Energy buffers" and "High end power cable" have no difference with simply "computer cable" ???

Mar 5, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #259 of 916
IME, power cables have minimal impact on digital components WITH linear power supply. Very different in the case w/ amplifiers and preamplifiers.

But I do have a MIT Cables Oracle Z III power cord attached to to the ZAP.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #260 of 916
Ciao a tutti. Mi sono iscritto per partecipare alla discussione. Vivo a Bologna (Italia) e 2 settimane fa ho acquistato audiobyte hydra.vox & zap. Attualmente è collegato a un Mac Mini con Roon Core e Qobuz, oltre a file audio in HD. Come cavo USB un Wireworld Silver Starlights, Il resto è costituito dall'amplificatore integrato Ensemble Evocco e dagli altoparlanti ProAc Response D30-RS. Cuffie Sennheiser HD 599 SE. Prima di Audiobyte avevo un Exogal Comet Plus come DAC e c'è stato un salto di qualità nonostante fosse l'eccellente Exogal. Ora ho un basso molto più incisivo e presente e una scena tridimensionale più ampia. Inoltre, credo che la miriade di dettagli e la presenza degli strumenti siano di alto livello. Inoltre sto aspettando che esca l'Hub per poterlo utilizzare al meglio con Roon installando la versione Rock sul PC e lasciando lo streamer come end-point. Dovrebbe migliorare molto. Infine, dovevo anche accettare che ad ogni cambio di risoluzione si stacca e attacca il relè interno con il suo ticchettio ... Ma può essere tollerato😁

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #261 of 916
Hello everyone. I signed up to participate in the discussion. I live in Bologna (Italy) and 2 weeks ago I bought audiobyte hydra.vox & zap. It is currently connected to a Mac Mini with Roon Core and Qobuz, as well as aufio files on HD. As a USB cable a Wireworld Silver Starlights. The rest consists of the Ensemble Evocco integrated amplifier and ProAc Response D30-RS speakers. Sennheiser HD 599 SE headphones. Before Audiobyte I had an Exogal Comet Plus as DAC and there was a qualitative leap despite being the excellent Exogal. Now I have a much more punchy and present bass and a bigger three dimensional scene. Moreover, I believe the myriad of details and the presence of the instruments are at a high level. Also I am waiting for the Hub to come out to be able to use it at its best with Roon by installing the Rock version on the PC and leaving the streamer at the end point. It should improve a lot. Finally, I also had to accept that with every change of resolution it detaches and attacks the internal relay with its ticking .... But it can be tolerated

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #262 of 916
Ciao Franco e benvenuto! Ebbene c'Γ¨ @mantraone che Γ¨ anche lui bolognese.

Yeah the famous Hub. Yep its the relays that are ticking during format transitions. Not that evident now in the recent FW versions. I had to bear too these occasional loud pops at the beggining. But with some DC offsets it was resolved.

Feel free to write your experiences...

Mar 7, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #264 of 916
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone had any experience setting up Foobar2000 or JRiver with the Vox?

I've just finished setting up a new fanless audio PC to serve local files to the Vox.

While PCM works ok, I'm having trouble playing DSD files.

For FooBar, I have the "foo_dsd_processor.fb2k-component" and "foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component" addons installed, with the SACD component configured to use the DSD Processor component.

Attempts so far have the Vox reporting that it's playing PCM. Does the Vox need DoP?

I'm using the Vox in DSD direct mode.

Kind regards,

Lono.

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #265 of 916
Hello Lono! I am using JRiver thru ASIO since I am lazy on configuring things.

1. Need to install Audiobyte's ASIO driver aside from the regular Win10 driver.
Screenshot 2021-03-07 204451.jpg

2. In JRiver, choose "Audiobyte (ASIO)" as Audio Device. On Device Settings, DISABLE (Untick) Dop Format (since we want to go Native). And ENABLE Large Buffers.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 203831.jpg

3. On DSP Studio, although there are no materials yet above DXD. But to be safe, set output to the maximum of which the device supports.
As you could see here, I only indicated the input which is beyond the device could support (as I want to go bitperfect). Here you could also do upsampling by indicating the desired output at Output Encoding (for DSD upsampling/converting) or Sample Rate Output (for PCM upsampling/downsampling). You need a powerful CPU for this. ENABLE detect stereo sources in surround if you have multi-channel materials.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 204250.jpg

4. Under Bitstreaming Tick "YES(DSD)". Or, to which I am doing, choose Custom and Tick DSD and indicate "Up to DSD512" -> device max capability.
In Bitstreaming you could convert DSD to PCM encoding by choosing "Bitstreaming: NONE". Provided you have set the PCM Sample Rate parameters above.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 204047.jpg

IF you have DSD materials UPTO DSD128 only, try Kernel Streaming instead of ASIO. Different flavor.

Screenshot 2021-03-07 212103.jpg

Hoping the instructions are clear. Sorry no Foobar.

Michael

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #267 of 916
hey guys, curious about a couple of things? what is the height of the unit without the feet and are they detachable? Also is there any word on the Hub having wifi capability? The website doesn't seem to mention this at all so I am assuming it wont, but just want to confirm.

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #268 of 916
56mm, I think so it's screwed on, nope.
IMG_20210316_093105_2.jpg

Mar 16, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #270 of 916
Think so.

2 things:
- Here is a review of HiFI+ 2 weeks ago (LINK). It says HUB is on "final development"...
- Sandu of Soundnews promise a review in February and it di not happened...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back