Audiobyte Hydra: High-End USB interface
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #31 of 189
It's about time for the Hydra-X to be compared to some of the so called "good" converters..

Audopilleo 2 with Pure Power
JKenny ciunas converter
Berkley Alpha USB
Off Ramp 5

And so on..

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #32 of 189
I agree with that. I can't wait to see a comparison. From what I have understood, a demo unit has been already handed a while ago to http://www.highfidelity.pl/ for a review.

After he finishes the review (I understood in August), the unit should reach Adam who has the berkley converter.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #33 of 189
Just ordered! Curious to see how it pairs with my SBT/EDO-->DP-1. I'm hoping I won't have driver issues with the SBT, especially since it works flawlessly with the Eximus' Xmos interface...

-Daniel

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #34 of 189
Quote:
Just ordered! Curious to see how it pairs with my SBT/EDO-->DP-1. I'm hoping I won't have driver issues with the SBT, especially since it works flawlessly with the Eximus' Xmos interface...

-Daniel

popcorn.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #37 of 189
Quote:

-Daniel

Can't wait for your opinions :D

Anyone know if this would have potential problems with the Squeezebox Touch? *gets classified ready already*

-Daniel

"[size=small]SqueezePlay is based on SqueezeOS" - > I don't know if hydra has drivers for that.[/size]

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #40 of 189
Quote:
Cancelled, refunded. :/ I'll order again once I know for sure that the Hydra-X will function properly from the SBT/EDO via usb...

-Daniel

Have you tried contacting audiobyte directly, asking them if they support that? info@audiobyte.ro

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #44 of 189
Quote:
So what's this suppose to be?

http://www.audiobyte.ro/unimorph.html

Something I would really want to hear. It is his top of the line DAC (if i remember right it is based on the musically famous pcm1704k dac). Before the pcm 1704k, he usd MSB dac modules. Never heard any of these babies, but sure hope I hear one of them one day.

Not sure Unimorph is still in production though. I saw somebody mentioning it on headfi too.

Also heard Nucu is working on some exciting stuff for the future, like a new headphone amp/dac based on a home made dac module (this should be very interesting to hear).

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #45 of 189
On the technical paper is noted: "*during battery charging , the device will be powered automatically from external power supply"

This DDC doesn't look as "smart" as the Ciunas which always operates on battery. It got my attention too, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back