Audio-Technica Warranty Question
Jul 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bladetears

New Head-Fier
My ES7's wire got caught on a fence today and got torn. I bought it from BeachCamera back in May and it says there's a full one year warranty. I was wondering if it's covered. Also, I'm looking at the service form right now and it says I need a serial number, but the problem is I can't find the box that the headphones came with. Can I still get it done?

Jul 31, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 4
I would doubt damage that isn't defect related would be covered by warranty. Aside from Monster and their new Monster Turbine Pro series of IEM's I know of no other manufacturer that covers accidental damage as part of their warranty. On a positive note I have owned the ES7 and they open up very easily so can be repaired. If your not a DIY search the forum and see if you can find someone who can help you out. Personally I would be getting a soldering iron and googling how to solder the wires and trying it myself before going to an outside source.

If the cable is completely ruined also look at the DIY sections as they can help you pick out a cable as a replacement. Just avoid buying the really expensive cables as the headphone is not high end enough to warrant their cost.

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 4
I know how to solder, but this is one thing I want to be done by a professional. I read on this forum that someone else had his replaced by AT for free and it was also an accidental damage. I lost the refurbished-packaging it came with and don't have the serial number, do you think I can still apply?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back