Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Dec 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #136 of 2,205
I'm like inch away before I order AD2000X from Japan!!  I never own the AD2000 but when I had a chance to audition it briefly, that really WOW'd me among other cans..
It goes around $700 right now.  My friend is living in Japan, and he said he will forward it to me if I order!!  

Everything is setup, all I need to do is making my final decision..  

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #137 of 2,205
Quote:
I'm like inch away before I order AD2000X from Japan!!  I never own the AD2000 but when I had a chance to audition it briefly, that really WOW'd me among other cans..
It goes around $700 right now.  My friend is living in Japan, and he said he will forward it to me if I order!!  

my only regret about the AD2000 is that i didn't buy them sooner.  i can't get them to sound bad.  i try to analyze their sound and find myself just listening to the music instead.

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #140 of 2,205
Quote:

my only regret about the AD2000 is that i didn't buy them sooner.  i can't get them to sound bad.  i try to analyze their sound and find myself just listening to the music instead.

I know.. I'm even thinking about whether I should get AD2000 instead of X model since AD2000 will be out of production i guess and also I don't know how X model sound like..
Especially in Korea, people were selling used AD2000 for little less than $300!  I should have purchased it when few ones popped up online.. now I hardly see them..

However, from my experience with AD2000, I'm not too worried about X model will sound all bad.. I think it will be another fine headphone I can enjoy my favorite music!

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #141 of 2,205
Quote:

Just do it! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Well said! it made me forget about analyzing timbre, soundstage, depth, instrument separation and just enjoy the music itself.

Quote:
I know.. I'm even thinking about whether I should get AD2000 instead of X model since AD2000 will be out of production i guess and also I don't know how X model sound like..
Especially in Korea, people were selling used AD2000 for little less than $300!  I should have purchased it when few ones popped up online.. now I hardly see them..

However, from my experience with AD2000, I'm not too worried about X model will sound all bad.. I think it will be another fine headphone I can enjoy my favorite music!

If i were you, I tried to read more impression first, newer model does not always sound better.
See how many people love HD650 but don't like HD800.  LCD-2 r1 to r2 or even LCD-3.  RS1 instead of PS1000, it's all a matter of taste.

But if you have huge budget =>

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #143 of 2,205
Has anyone been able to do a direct A/B comparison between the AD2000 and AD2000x?
Edit: I found an article about the new series, too bad it's all in Japanese, as Google Translate really makes no sense:
http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201212/06/681.html

It should be noted, seems like its predecessor and almost unchanged but "ATH-AD2000X", renewal in appearance have been made over the range actually. By around the driver as well as previously mentioned, is provided inside the diffuser to the housing, to change the position of the cable connection at the same time, has been greatly smoothed air flow. In addition to this, a distinctive shape change of Audio-Technica headphones also exclusive "3D wing support." Together, it became also very good fit with earbuds became a three-dimensional garment.

However, the difference between the new and old immediately apparent if you listen to the sound. It made ​​me enjoy good missing too predecessor, the sound of the natural taste, with new models spaciousness is smooth more, much forget that it is a headphone at, to enjoy the sound field with excellent stereoscopic effect now me.Also, if you have different sound character, and changes to the natural tone while maintaining sharp no sense of the goodness of the missing, a sense of focus and a high sense of speed range has been further improved in the low range. Thanks to that, the real intention, was listening to a lot and yet sound pleasant. Meet the expectations of the firm AD series fans, it's a great product that boasts a more mature mind. Although the basic configuration is almost unchanged "ATH-AD2000X", such as the diaphragm material and other magnetic circuit is a special type, "ATH-AD1000X" by Taishi is different, such as the design of the frame.

Nevertheless, the same tendency as "ATH-AD2000X" about the sound character.Although there is a difference in sound quality to say about the real feeling and certainty and resolution, there is no change in expression with excellent sound spread good stereoscopic effect. Without having to audition strictly comparable with the "ATH-AD2000X", We should be satisfactory enough people even "ATH-AD1000X".

I *think* it's saying that the AD1000x sounds like a slightly less refined AD2000x, and that the AD2000x sounds more refined than the AD2000.

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #146 of 2,205
Current AD700 user here. Was really set on upgrading to the AD900 until I heard about the new version coming out. The AD900X seems to be available on ebay right now for roughly $320 compared to the $170ish AD900 on Amazon. Really looking forward to a review of the 900X before committing to anything yet, though.

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #148 of 2,205
THinking about getting an AD2000X but would love to hear more reviews first. Looks so appealing.
Do it!
You could be the first English speaking person to compare the 2k and 2kx!

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #149 of 2,205
We are all waiting for some one you will "sacrifice himself" for the Cause 
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #150 of 2,205
Here is something. My AD900X I have been burning in has the best balanced sound with astounding detail on every part of the spectrum.. Smoothness. airiness. Massive open stage and is one of the sexiest cans I have ever bought. And yes I am happy to report. These have bass. Apparently the X stands for bass.. These have a complete sound. Matched with my Fire Phoenix. This is the best can I have bought this year.. Actually truth be told these are my best sounding cans. For guys that was on the fence to get the new and improved version of the AD900. I can give my overwhelming thumbs up on the sound. You guys are gonna love how these sound. One bit of warning. These need burn in as the sound was compressed on open box. They open up tremendously.

I bought mine using Tenso and got it for $240 around $275 shipped..The sound is spectacular. Simply stunning sound for the cost.. These and my FXZ earphones are by far the best phones I have purchased this year..
In comparison.,These are a solid level above my A900X in SQ. The resolution for the price is unmatched in anything I have heard. The chrome accents in the inside of the grills are just sexy. They are so much better looking up front. No picture can do them justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back