Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x, AD1000x, AD900x, AD700x and AD500x
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #482 of 2,205
AD900X's selling on amazon.jp for 15306 yen, or $164 US. Add approx $40 for tenso shipping, and you could have the amazing AD900X within a week for just over $200 US. Wow, what an incredible deal.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #483 of 2,205
Yeah..and you can forget about returns and warranties. I think i'm waiting until this thing drops to $230-250. Patience.
ph34r.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #484 of 2,205
Quote:
Yeah..and you can forget about returns and warranties. I think i'm waiting until this thing drops to $230-250. Patience.
ph34r.gif

Rerutns? Warranties? What's that? Lol. Yeah, if you can wait it out until they are in that price range, you're still getting them for a steal imo.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #485 of 2,205
Quote:
AD900X's selling on amazon.jp for 15306 yen, or $164 US. Add approx $40 for tenso shipping, and you could have the amazing AD900X within a week for just over $200 US. Wow, what an incredible deal.

WOW, what a deal, thanks for the post Wayne.....I'd buy in for that price, but then what would I do with my Somic's....lol!

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #486 of 2,205
Quote:

WOW, what a deal, thanks for the post Wayne.....I'd buy in for that price, but then what would I do with my Somic's....lol!

Well, you could give them to me I suppose
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #487 of 2,205
You gotta love google translate. From the second review on amazon.jp's AD900x:

Sound quality and 
bass regards to feel a little unsatisfactory 
but I think the balance is to have taken as a whole. 
I like the feeling clear. 
Can I sound clearer. 
Shape and 
I am still so great for indoor use. 
I do not care about not only used indoors. 
Hair around the ear or crumble and place and to keep my head ... 
and wearing a little heavy feeling so very long 
neck that I might be hurt. 
I am so strong because it is thicker cord. 
I could use any Walkman or PC.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #488 of 2,205
Quote:

Well, you could give them to me I suppose
wink.gif

Got cable plans for these Somic's, lol........I just finished my first Sennheiser HD600 cable, using Mogami Gold Neglex Quad, w/black Techflex audio sleeving, really very very happy with the sound over the stock cable!  I am going to strip the wire our of the stock jacket on the Mogami cable, 26ga, pure copper, and put Type 1 paracord on each wire, then braid, and install in the Somic's.  Here is a picture of what I am after!  Probably use black though!

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #490 of 2,205
Quote:

Got cable plans for these Somic's, lol........I just finished my first Sennheiser HD600 cable, using Mogami Gold Neglex Quad, w/black Techflex audio sleeving, really very very happy with the sound over the stock cable!  I am going to strip the wire our of the stock jacket on the Mogami cable, 26ga, pure copper, and put Type 1 paracord on each wire, then braid, and install in the Somic's.  Here is a picture of what I am after!  Probably use black though!

I may try the same thing with my ad2k! mogami has always sounded good on everything i re-cable. I also have a bunch of paracord laying around to sleeve with. I'll post pics if I ever get to it :) 

Cheers, and thanks for the paracord idea!

~M

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #491 of 2,205
Just got my AD2000X in and doing some initial listening right now as I type. Much lighter than I expected and I love the suede material pads.  Sound impressions to come later on.  

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #492 of 2,205
Quote:
Just got my AD2000X in and doing some initial listening right now as I type. Much lighter than I expected and I love the suede material pads.  Sound impressions to come later on.  

Great ^^ looking to your impressions and what do you think about AD2000X against K702 ANV
smile.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #494 of 2,205
Well so far they compare very favorably.  At first I was starting to lean toward the K702 65th but after applying some slight eq to the AD2000x I think it's pulling ahead for me.  So far I feel like they're both in the same level of performance, just different flavor.  Right now, with only maybe 2 hours or so on them, the AD2000x is very aggressive in the upper mids, like a grado but some eq seems to help alot and it seems to respond well to EQ.  Right now I have 2.5k to 7k cut just barely, and a slight rise from 110hz down on the AD2000x.  I don't feel the need for EQ on K702 65th.  Maybe more burn-in will take some of the edge off.  I know it's a trait of AT's but my A900x isn't even that agressive in the upper mids.

The AD2000x has an awesome impact and transient response, almost on the level of higher end orthos.  Soundstage on the K702 65th is a little more cohesive though slightly less airy.  Both are very smooth across the midrange, the AD2000x being more forward and the K702 65th much more spacious.

Again these are just early impressions.  I'll try to go more in depth when I get some more hours on them and get a better feel for them.

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #495 of 2,205
Quote:
Well so far they compare very favorably.  At first I was starting to lean toward the K702 65th but after applying some slight eq to the AD2000x I think it's pulling ahead for me.  So far I feel like they're both in the same level of performance, just different flavor.  Right now, with only maybe 2 hours or so on them, the AD2000x is very aggressive in the upper mids, like a grado but some eq seems to help alot and it seems to respond well to EQ.  Right now I have 2.5k to 7k cut just barely, and a slight rise from 110hz down on the AD2000x.  I don't feel the need for EQ on K702 65th.  Maybe more burn-in will take some of the edge off.  I know it's a trait of AT's but my A900x isn't even that agressive in the upper mids.

The AD2000x has an awesome impact and transient response, almost on the level of higher end orthos.  Soundstage on the K702 65th is a little more cohesive though slightly less airy.  Both are very smooth across the midrange, the AD2000x being more forward and the K702 65th much more spacious.

Again these are just early impressions.  I'll try to go more in depth when I get some more hours on them and get a better feel for them.

thanks! so they're pretty much in the same ball park atm? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back