Audio-Technica updates CKR series: ATH-CKR100, ATH-CKR90, ATH-CKR70
Sep 12, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #181 of 238
Just got ckr100is. Used for a couple hours so far.
It is the most sensitive earphone I've used yet. Extremely loud when used with Poweramp app even half volume is too much. The bass is unlike an earphone, if I close my eyes I'd think it's my speaker. Timbre is extraordinary, classic rock guitars are like honey to the ear. Vocals are as good as any I've heard need more time to judge highs and mids. Have to wait for burn-in (if such a thing does exist) to give a proper opinion.

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #182 of 238
Ok. Mind-blowing Vocals on both male and female. Initially I was hearing with Dolby Atmos(integrated into Lenovo phones) on my phone turned on and didn't realize it ,but once turned off I could really tell flac quality from MP3, Atmos seems to resample flacs and downgrade them.

Soundstage is so expansive and pinpoint accurate Atmos has 0 additional effect on the imaging and Atmos is actually great at enhancing spatial direction on crappy earphones.
Bass has matured to a perfect level of quality,level of amplitude and space occupancy on the soundfield. Highs are all well reproduced but haven't heard any new details I haven't heard before. Songs I never liked before are just songs I haven't understood before.
Live recordings really shine on these and flacs just know what to give and how to deliver it to create the exact sensation that was intended. The intro On freebird by lynyrd skynrd is perfect to show the difference on flac and MP3, the flac guitar sounds like slow Metallic wing flapping, in MP3 that effect is drowned by rythm guitar.

Oct 5, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #183 of 238
One thing I forgot to add about my experience with the ATH-CKR100iS is that I regularly use JVC Spiral Dot ear tips. I did not notice that making a difference, until I put SpinFit M-sized CP100 on my ATH-CKR100iS. I thought there was a tad too much bass on the SpinFits and the JVC Spiral Dots make the sound a tad brighter, bringing out the treble a little bit more than the SpinFits. What sucks is that you will have to special order the JVC Spiral Dots in certain sizes, as they are already tough-to-find outside Japan.

Oct 6, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #185 of 238
Oct 7, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #186 of 238
Nov 27, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #192 of 238
The "shady" auction is not around anymore. If it was id have bought more and sold new for 380$. I bought hd 600 and i llike that signature more, and dropping from iem game, so selling them, theyre fantastic but not for me.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #194 of 238
Btw, they're absolutely genuine. P.s customs and shipping included it cost me 210$. But business is business.
You were asking in the forum to confirm if they are genuine or not, and here you are claiming this to be absolutely genuine. Customs and shipping mean nothing.
It's okay if it's at a throwaway price, but, for twice the price you paid after using them for several months? It's absolutely unethical and disgraceful. This is the kind of thing that black market swindlers do with fake smuggled articles.
To think this is OK is sick. What a shame!

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #195 of 238
Ok. I admit i asked you and i appreciate the pain you took to reply but i have no doubt anymore since ive been using them for 3 months, the quality of the sound cant be reproduced by a fake these outdo the legendary hd 600 in some aspects.
Customs and shipping do mean something, i can wait longer and sell these in my own country where the amazon price is 500$ so its a bargain for 330 here. And id rather wait longer and sell them where i live than export them for an ethical price of 100$ for quick money, headfi is another option because there are more interested buyers and ckr100 is not that well known and it might sell quicker here.
Id rather keep them as extras than sell them for less than 300 , theyre absolutely worth that money and i put it here not ro get rid of them but because id rather have that money to buy something ill spend more time with like an open back full sized headphone or an amplifier. These are worth that money and just because i got them for less doesnt mean theyre worth less, if it should deter someone from buying it so be it, they can see your post and mine and then look at my review, nowhere have i lied about it or tried to hide it. Eveyone who sells anything does it to make a profit, the only difference here is i am selling a used one and making a profit, which is unheard of, think of it like real estate or an antique which increases in value with time maybe that will help you cope with the thought of someone making money after enjoying the product in an ethical way. The guy who sold me this didnt realise its worth and i do, and 300$ is what it is worth now, maybe ill agree that it was unethical to buy it for less but rhen i dont think you or anyone wouldnt buy something if you find it for half the price its worth, which i did and it wasnt luck, i wanted it bad and i looked for months till i found it under my budget, if anyone else wants to do that no one is stopping them. The auction site is buyee.jp its run by yahoo japan, all units of ckr100 are sold you can look for other stiff you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back