Audio-Technica or Shure adapter with Yuin PK2 for iPhone headset solution?
Oct 14, 2010 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bama91

New Head-Fier
I want to replace my OEM iPhone 3Gs earbuds with higher quality earphones, but I still need to a remote/mic capability.  I really do not like the in-ear style earphones so the Yuin PK2 looks like what I need.

What remote/mic adapter would you recommend to go with the Yuin?

It seems like the Audio-Technica AT-MP100 and Shure MPA-3C are good options, but I have not found any direct comparison between the two.

Thanks

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 6
Actually, the Monster iSonitalk (Yes that is a hideous name) seems like a better option than both of those, just because of the unusual design where you won't have 2 metres of cable coming out of your pocket. I have the Audio Techinca headset myself, and the mic is actually quite poor - when I did use it everyone would complain they couldn't hear me unless I lifted up the mic and actually spoke to it. I gave up on the whole headset thing and just unplug my earphones when I get a call.

Oct 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Hmmm... So, did you have better luck with the iSonitalk?  If either is better than the standard iPhone earbuds + remote/mic then it is a win for me.  I wonder if the Shure MPA-3C is any better.

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 6
I don't actually have the iSonitalk. The design just seemed better to me because the mic/control part is separate from the headphone jack. Then again, having that big attachment stick out of your player is a risk too...

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Ok, I have just decided to get the ATH-M50, I'm now in search for a good Mic adapters. Shure MPA-3c vs. Monster iSoniTalk. Any suggestions? Reviews? Will these Mic adapters degrade the sound coming from the ATH-M50? I will mainly use this for my iPhone as I am always on the go, travelling from one place to another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back