Audio-technica m50~
Dec 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 41

Quote:
how much time that they had softened?

I left mine on a small pillow for a couple days while I burnt them in (I gave them breaks from the sound, but didn't take them off the pillow). I didn't have to stretch mine too far to be comfortable; after a while, I just got use to it, because I listen to music for hours at a time. I think some people are just more sensitive to the pressure than others.

I don't know the circumference of my head, but I think it's on the larger side of average, because of my hair (and always getting Large-sized hats).

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #18 of 41
thanks.I understand everything is individually ...
and how they have a lot of bass? I just do not listen to rap, hip-hop, dnb, dubstep, etc.
and I no longer listen to rock, jazz, and post-punk and classic rock

Dec 27, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #19 of 41
They are only slightly boosted in the lows. I listen to a lot of genres of music and I only find the M50 bass heavy when a recording is bass heavy.

Quote:
thanks.I understand everything is individually ...
and how they have a lot of bass? I just do not listen to rap, hip-hop, dnb, dubstep, etc.
and I no longer listen to rock, jazz, and post-punk and classic rock

Dec 27, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 41
the m50s have a u shaped sound, slightly bloated bass, maybe just a bit weak midrange and treble that is sharp to some ppl out of the box. But burn them in, get a fiio e5/e7 and u'll be very satisfied.

Dec 27, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #22 of 41
The bass was a bit too much for me, or rather, how much it bled into the lower midrange. Kick drums were unbelievably present as well, indicating prodigious sub bass extension. I had pretty much the same impressions as the other people in this thread. Definitely laid back in the midrange, with emphasized bass and bright, almost metallic treble. I think my SRH440 is more balanced, though some people find its bass weak. And I'm trying like heck to resist new toy syndrome and recommend this thing in every thread, but IMO it's a legitimate competitor to the venerable M50.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #25 of 41
Dont bump it. If you want better bass get the M50, if you want better soundstage for classical music, get the HD580s, if you want better treble for rock music, get the grado 125. All these 3 are vthe best phones around the 100-150 price point.

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #27 of 41
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-63-portable-headphones-reviewed-db-logic-hp-100-arctic-sound-p281-added-12-24#post_5828504

He gave it a 9 out of 10 and i would say 9.5 out of 10, but only with proper amping like me :). Budget but proper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back