Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Jul 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,067 of 1,524
There's something bothering me.. I've been listening to the im70 and the left seems lower in volume than the right one.. One time I wasn't getting sound at all till I disconnected and connected the cable, any thoughts?

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #1,068 of 1,524
There's something bothering me.. I've been listening to the im70 and the left seems lower in volume than the right one.. One time I wasn't getting sound at all till I disconnected and connected the cable, any thoughts?
Ear wax in the nozzle?

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,073 of 1,524
I switched cables and then switched cables again and now everything seems normal, maybe my ears are broken, lol. Should I keep them or should I be on the safe side and return them, they have 3 days of use.

Maybe you didn't have a good fit? If you like the sound just keep them because you won't find a similar sound in that price range.

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #1,074 of 1,524

Sounds like a damaged connector or cable. If volume seems lower try wiggling the connector around a bit or pulling it down on your ear. I had the same problem occasionally on the left side, but when I swapped cables it didn't seem to lose volume even when I wiggled the connector around. However, my right driver sounded lower in bass than the left, and taking off the filters and switching the cables around didn't help (I tested out a frequency sweep and the low end is definitely heavier on the left side). I tore it open a few times but never saw any damage but unfortunately the wire snapped off the driver. Ordered a new pair a few days ago, can't wait for it.

From my experience I don't think AT IEMs are the best for pocket-carrying, so I should really put them in a case next time. I think most people would put good IEMs in a case but I've had cheapo IEMs which have survived washes and pockets. I've had two CKM500s break down on me and now the IM70.

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,075 of 1,524
Sounds like a damaged connector or cable. If volume seems lower try wiggling the connector around a bit or pulling it down on your ear. I had the same problem occasionally on the left side, but when I swapped cables it didn't seem to lose volume even when I wiggled the connector around. However, my right driver sounded lower in bass than the left, and taking off the filters and switching the cables around didn't help (I tested out a frequency sweep and the low end is definitely heavier on the left side). I tore it open a few times but never saw any damage but unfortunately the wire snapped off the driver. Ordered a new pair a few days ago, can't wait for it.

From my experience I don't think AT IEMs are the best for pocket-carrying, so I should really put them in a case next time. I think most people would put good IEMs in a case but I've had cheapo IEMs which have survived washes and pockets. I've had two CKM500s break down on me and now the IM70.
Should I try and get a new cable or should I just return them and get a new pair? I'm very picky about those things. Thanks for replying :)

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #1,076 of 1,524
Maybe you didn't have a good fit? If you like the sound just keep them because you won't find a similar sound in that price range.
Could be but they seemed good a few days ago, yeah I did a lot of research about them and they seemed like the best in the price range, maybe I should up the piece range :D (oh headfi, what have you done to me)

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #1,077 of 1,524
I have the ATH-IM50 and they sound very... generic. Nothing special or anything, am I missing something? All the hyped up responses to the ATH made me excited but I turned out to be disappointed. Is it the fit from the earbuds, I have small ears? Any recommendations? 

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,078 of 1,524
  I have the ATH-IM50 and they sound very... generic. Nothing special or anything, am I missing something? All the hyped up responses to the ATH made me excited but I turned out to be disappointed. Is it the fit from the earbuds, I have small ears? Any recommendations? 

How would you describe "generic"?

And what type of sound were you expecting exactly?

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,079 of 1,524
Sounds a little better than lets say my Apple earbuds. I expected a lot of sub-bass as people stated it had. I also opened my filters to see if that would help. I'm looking at these tips, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MY9T7AO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A278GST97VASH9. Would these be fine?

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #1,080 of 1,524
  Sounds a little better than lets say my Apple earbuds. I expected a lot of sub-bass as people stated it had. I also opened my filters to see if that would help. I'm looking at these tips, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MY9T7AO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A278GST97VASH9. Would these be fine?

Sorry but saying a liitle better than Apple earbuds is a crime for IM50. Maybe you should train your ears more before judging the sound. Yes, that tips may work for you. Also UE600 and Philips 3590 tip are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back