Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #737 of 1,524
Lol...anything else beside that :wink:

Well, as far as what I'd take over the IM70 that's in that range, it'd be the CKR9. There are quite a few nice hybrids and BA IEMs in that range, but I haven't heard any of them and they aren't going to give you that natural sound and forward midrange you want. Some of the BA stuff might, but you won't have the same bass quantity of the IM70. Probably a better question for Joker's thread. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #738 of 1,524
Well, SONY is having a rather big sale right now. You can get the XBA H3 for about $249 in their official store; $229 from Adorama. I wonder how it compares to the CKR9. Aurisonics Rockets are another contender in that price range, granted I've yet to hear any of these, but they're well received from what I've been reading. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #739 of 1,524
Makes me curious if we'll ever see something ridiculous like a dual dynamic and double balance armature hybrid... 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #744 of 1,524
When I A/B them I just turn the memory wire all the way up and let my ears hold them in, lol. I've gotten pretty fast at switching at least, but I can definitely see how that could be a problem with the kids needing you every few minutes. If all else fails, lunashops has some nice options without wires, but I don't know how much the sound changes.

I'll probably get another cable anyway. Thoia is not exactly my first pair with memory wire and I've never liked it. It's just been so long since I used an IEM with it so I forgot why I don't like it.......

For reference, this is how mine look in ear. I just grab the housing with my thumb and index finger to remove them. I never move the memory wire. Once you get the fit and procedure down it's second nature. 

Yep, I wonder if my outer ears are to small sine I get so soar....

Dang it, Zap! I knew I was doing something wrong! :wink_face:

Lol! If everything else fails maybe.........

Dec 6, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #746 of 1,524
I cheated, the small rubberring makes the tip sit a little further out. Just enough so that the housings doesn't put pressure on my outer ear, much better :)

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #748 of 1,524
I cheated, the small rubberring makes the tip sit a little further out. Just enough so that the housings doesn't put pressure on my outer ear, much better
smily_headphones1.gif

Good.
wink.gif
 You cat cut diffent sizes to find the perfect fit lol.

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #749 of 1,524
Good. :wink:  You cat cut diffent sizes to find the perfect fit lol.

Yep, I prefer them with the ue900 tips and the stem on those are pretty short so this way I get to use my favourite soinc tips and a great fit. I'm pretty sure these will establish themselves (replacing VSD3S) as my bassy alternative to the Havi B3's.......

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #750 of 1,524
The more I wonder, and read, the more it direct me toward the CKR9-10.  I know I will not like Hybrid for the fact of how Bulky they are, and heavy.  I also don't like BA that much as their Highs are more Metallic than Organic compare to Dynamic.  So I know for the fact there are no BA which can sound as "Organic" as Dynamic drivers.  I am very impressed at the new Design which Audio Technica is doing, the Combo Dynamic Drivers.  The IM70 is Dual Front Directed with 8mm Dynamic drivers.  CKR9/10 are Oppositely directed Dual 13m Dynamic drivers.  Waaaahh...I don't want to spend anymore Q_Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Back