decisions decisions~
confused_face_2.gif

DANG IT!

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #287 of 1,524
  IM50 or VSD3S

decisions decisions~
confused_face_2.gif

DANG IT!

Considering VSD3 suppose to have more bass, I think the decision will be between IM50 and VSD3, not 3S.  Or perhaps, IM50 and KC06A :wink:

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #289 of 1,524
I strongly recommend using IM50 without filters. I've been using mine for about 2 months and no dust or hair issues yet.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #293 of 1,524
I got that replacement cable from lunashops, and it's pretty sweet. I like it a lot more than the stock cable.

The cable is much thinner than I thought it would be, but also much stronger. It's pretty springy but doesn't bother me once the cable cinch is place.

I strongly recommend you at least check out the replacement cables at lunashops. If the memory wire on your ath-im series cable is bothersome to you, these are an answer.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #294 of 1,524
I got that replacement cable from lunashops, and it's pretty sweet. I like it a lot more than the stock cable.

The cable is much thinner than I thought it would be, but also much stronger. It's pretty springy but doesn't bother me once the cable cinch is place.

I strongly recommend you at least check out the replacement cables at lunashops. If the memory wire on your ath-im series cable is bothersome to you, these are an answer.

Which one did you order?  I regular $20 OFC cable version?  I could be mistaken, but from pictures the one with an angled connector has a silicone jacket while the one with a straight connector has a threaded jacket?  Any sound improvement or just a comfort improvement with a same sound on your IM50?

I ordered and waiting to receive their silver-plated version.  I have no doubt it will brighten the sound, but I'm worrying about microphonics.  It looks similar to FiiO's SE cable and that one is horrible with cable noise.  Keeping my fingers crossed it's not the case with this one...

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #295 of 1,524
Which one did you order?  I regular $20 OFC cable version?  I could be mistaken, but from pictures the one with an angled connector has a silicone jacket while the one with a straight connector has a threaded jacket?  Any sound improvement or just a comfort improvement with a same sound on your IM50?

I ordered and waiting to receive their silver-plated version.  I have no doubt it will brighten the sound, but I'm worrying about microphonics.  It looks similar to FiiO's SE cable and that one is horrible with cable noise.  Keeping my fingers crossed it's not the case with this one...
I ordered the $23 usd one on eBay. The link for it is in one of my previous posts on this thread. Sry, I would copy and paste but I'm at work right now trying to be incognito. The cable is a thin, springy plasticy/rubbery material.

No noticeable difference in sq so far. Sounds identical going back and forth (I have 2 pair of im50).

Using the cable cinch on them (snugging it up to my neck) I get less microphonics than with the memory wire.

I'm very happy with my purchase, as it eliminated the issues I was having with the stock cable.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #296 of 1,524
twister6

I read some of your comments on the discovery thread about the im50 having good sub bass extension. What are you using to push them? Is this based on using an eq adjustment?

I only say this because while the mids are beautiful regardless of what I use, I feel like I'm not getting much extension on either end unless I amplify them.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #297 of 1,524
@twister6

I read some of your comments on the discovery thread about the im50 having good sub bass extension. What are you using to push them? Is this based on using an eq adjustment?

I only say this because while the mids are beautiful regardless of what I use, I feel like I'm not getting much extension on either end unless I amplify them.

I'm using large hybrid tips (sony look-a-like from ebay).  That's the only way I can get a good seal to feel that bass!  I wouldn't say these have high sub-bass quantity, but I can definitely hear/feel it, and typically recommend these as a good gym headphones since you get both a pumping rhythm and great vocals, along with a tough RC.  Btw, I'm using Hidizs AP100 DAP which is like a combo of DAP+amp (also uses high resolution Cirrus Logic chip set).  Perhaps that plays a role in it?

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #298 of 1,524
I'm using large hybrid tips (sony look-a-like from ebay).  That's the only way I can get a good seal to feel that bass!  I wouldn't say these have high sub-bass quantity, but I can definitely hear/feel it, and typically recommend these as a good gym headphones since you get both a pumping rhythm and great vocals, along with a tough RC.  Btw, I'm using Hidizs AP100 DAP which is like a combo of DAP+amp (also uses high resolution Cirrus Logic chip set).  Perhaps that plays a role in it?
Ya, agreed.

I have three different dual dynamic iems. While all 3 of them are respectable sound coming out of a smart phone, they all require more juice to really unleash their full potential.

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #300 of 1,524
The only way to get a good seal is putting a spacer which has 0,8-1,2 mm thickness. You will have a good bass, treble and bigger soundstage. People who find their IM50/70s not isolating very well and uncomfortable can easily do this spacer mod. All you need is a sharp blade and a pair of tips that you don't even use. You can find all the information several pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back