Audio Technica ESW9A from Adorama - Are they Legit?
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

vince321

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

Adorama has a killer price on these headphones.  However, after searching this website it appears they sold one individual a fake.  This is suprising to me because the get killer ratings from resllerreview.com and I've used them for photo equipment in the past and they have always done a nice job.

So, I'm not sure what to think?  Any input from others who have purchased this headpone from Adorama would be great.  I would like to make the purchase now but don't want to hassle with any site selling fakes. 

Thanks a bunch.

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi Vince

I was concerned to read your posting and would like to assure you that we would never knowingly sell fake equipment.

I'm not familiar with the review you are referring to but if you'd like to email a link to me at HelenO@adorama.com I can certainly look into it.

If you have any queries or would like additional advice or support please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

[size=9pt]Helen Oster [/size][size=20pt]☺[/size]
[size=9pt] Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador[/size]
[size=9pt]HelenO@adorama.com     [/size]
[size=9pt]If you enjoyed the service you received today, we'd love to hear about it on Twitter[/size]
[size=9pt]http://twitter.com/HelenOster     [/size]

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 10
The person I purchased my ESW9 from said he got them from Adorama, and they were genuine. Just my 2c.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 10
Adorama is a really well known store in NYC, and an amazing place to get deals on Audio Technica stuff. J&R will even price-match to them... it's how I got my W1000X for such a good price. They're also listed by AT as an official retailer, so I really don't think they carry any fakes: they get the real thing direct from AT.

Amazing store for cameras in NYC, I've purchased all my cameras there so far with no issues... Nikons and GF1's.

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Adorama is a really well known store in NYC, and an amazing place to get deals on Audio Technica stuff. J&R will even price-match to them... it's how I got my W1000X for such a good price. They're also listed by AT as an official retailer, so I really don't think they carry any fakes: they get the real thing direct from AT.

Amazing store for cameras in NYC, I've purchased all my cameras there so far with no issues... Nikons and GF1's.

Thanks SO much for the great feedback!

[size=72pt][/size]- but I'm only ever an email away for advice or after-sales support with any order from Adorama! HelenO@adorama.com

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanks Helen for the support and clarification.  Searching this forum is difficult, but with time and patience, you will find a few posts discussing fake ESW9 Headphones and some mention of Adorama.  However, I don't recall if the Adorama phones were fake or not??  There was enough discussion to make me nervous about the purchase.  

I just tried to find the post again, but don't have the time right now.  

In any event, your firm response has settled my fears.  The Headphones were ordered from Adorama and should be delivered today.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #8 of 10
Hi Vince

I'm glad I was able to reassure you, and please don't hesitate to email me if I can ever help with anything in the future: HelenO@adorama.com

BTW The most reliable feedback site by far for purchases from the US is www.resellerratings.com. You'll see that Adorama is at a healthy 9.51/10. Not yet a 'perfect 10', but headed there!

[size=9pt]Helen Oster [/size][size=20pt]☺[/size]
[size=9pt] Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador[/size]

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 10
One weird thing about Adorama that keeps them from perfection is Citibank's odd refusal to allow purchases without pre-notification. I can blow $1k at J&R or B&H without Citibank blinking an eyelash, but somehow Adorama is different. A few people I know have had the same experience, even with smaller purchases around $200 or so. Very strange. Seems similar to NewEgg in that sense... I always have to call Citibank before I buy anything at NewEgg. Perhaps both companies are targets for identity thieves? I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back