Audio-Technica ATH-WP900
Jan 13, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #1,157 of 1,370
There are no issues at all, but the pads are actually oval. Very close to round though. Once you put them on the wp900, they look round
Good clarification. I meant afterwards...

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,158 of 1,370
@marekm, most probably, these are YAXI stPad2, that has already been highly praised by several users in this thread - see previous 3-5 pages.
Link: https://www.yaxi.jp/product-gallery/stpad2/.
Actually not those pads, because they are not all black. Those on the website have those red & blue edges , and the actual ones used are all black.
Yes those are the ones. I bought mine on ebay from a US seller to recieve it quicker.

Jan 18, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #1,159 of 1,370
Actually not those pads, because they are not all black. Those on the website have those red & blue edges , and the actual ones used are all black.

Yes those are the ones. I bought mine on ebay from a US seller to recieve it quicker.
I ordered mine from Amazon Japan and they arrived in 3 days via DHL to the United States

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #1,160 of 1,370
At this point in time, I only have access to the Red/Blue version.
Will need to wait for the "all black" pads to arrive at Amazon in EU.

Jan 19, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #1,161 of 1,370
There is a combo-box with two options (stPad2-LR (Red&Blue) or stPad2 (Black)) at the bottom of that page (just above the "add in cart" button).

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,164 of 1,370
Can I just ask at this advanced point of the discussion on these just to quickly ask what these do in difference to the stock pads thanks guys
They change the sound just a little. The main advantage is more space for your ear, better comfort. The soundstage is slightly wider and the mids are brought out a bit. Better bass as well. I bought them for better comfort

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #1,165 of 1,370
I hated unplugging the cables just to put the headphones in their case, so I made a larger case to accommodate the jacks.

t1a7sXN.jpg

Jan 21, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #1,167 of 1,370
Ohh.. Good to keep in mind this.. So that seemingly little task becomes a bit of an annoyance? Why is that do they need unscrewing? If i remember I don't think so
No it's really easy. I'm just a little bit crazy I guess. I just don't see the point in unplugging them if I don't have to. What's really worth noting is that they don't come with a hard case at all.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #1,169 of 1,370
Yeah sure.. and they aren't exactly confidently robust from what I've read.
While I haven't haven't experienced any problems, I'm not going to try and find out. I would imagine after plugging and unplugging them hundreds of times the connectors would get loose. Maybe not? I leave my headphone cables plugged in, unless I want to actually change them which of course I did with these. The stock cable is ok, but I ordered a custom one the very same day I ordered the cans.

Jan 22, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #1,170 of 1,370
While I haven't haven't experienced any problems, I'm not going to try and find out. I would imagine after plugging and unplugging them hundreds of times the connectors would get loose. Maybe not? I leave my headphone cables plugged in, unless I want to actually change them which of course I did with these. The stock cable is ok, but I ordered a custom one the very same day I ordered the cans.
There's just more than one mention in boards about they could be sturdier. The band feel. But then again there are many that don't mention it at all and say it's built well. Never know with some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back