Audio-Technica ATH-W2022 - 60th Anniversary Headphone
Oct 14, 2022 at 3:20 AM Post #46 of 81
I contacted Audio Technica's customer service last week. Currently there's only one person purchasing it. $9000 is such a high price but considering it's the anniversary of 10 years I'd go for it before waiting for another 10 years. Hopefully, the headphone's performance is comparable to L5000. Also, I am curious if they will also release an amplifier to pair with it as what they did in the past. An HA-2022anv would be very appreciated lol

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #47 of 81
Nov 4, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #49 of 81
So far the most attractive Audio Technica's 60th anniv product are their Limited Edition SB2022, a Soundburger remake 😎

Nov 5, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #52 of 81
I’m in. Just successfully preordered the W2022 headphone. There are only 2 will be available in Australia! I’m wondering how many stock in total this headphone will be available worldwide.
Where did you preordered it from?

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #57 of 81
The $9K price tag doesn't scare me away but the artwork doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's just me but the artwork looks like something my daughter would've liked when she was 6-7 yrs old (she's 28 now) while watching Sailor Moon videos many years ago. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so if you love it, go for it! :slight_smile:
Haha you took the words out of my mouth. The designs look like made for a 7yr old girl, haha. Why would anyone cover up wood cup with flowers lol.
Put a dam dragon on that thing.

Dec 16, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #58 of 81
I’m in. Just successfully preordered the W2022 headphone. There are only 2 will be available in Australia! I’m wondering how many stock in total this headphone will be available worldwide.
You will not be disappointed by its sound - it is incredible and I say this while trying to be impartial and not taking account of my affiliation to the brand. There have only been 100 units made.

As a long-time Head-Fier, there are only 2 dynamic driver headphones I feel that are worth discussion in the TOTL segment, and before the W2022, there was only the 1. (Do keep in mind I've yet to hear a MDR-R10)

Also, these are much more like the L3000 than the L5000 in its tuning - though even more bombastic and explosive than the L3000. It is quite a departure from the conventional A-T mid-forward sound, but I am really a fan,

One of my good friends and reviewer who is a fan of A-T, though very vocal about some products being hits and others misses says this is the best A-T headphone he's heard - which of course this is what you'd expect from a statement piece!

I will post some more photos and more detailed impressions tonight :)
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Dec 16, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #59 of 81
You will not be disappointed by its sound - it is incredible and I say this while trying to be impartial and not taking account of my affiliation to the brand. There have only been 100 units made.

As a long-time Head-Fier, there are only 2 dynamic driver headphones I feel that are worth discussion in the TOTL segment, and before the W2022, there was only the 1. (Do keep in mind I've yet to hear a MDR-R10)

Also, these are much more like the L3000 than the L5000 in its tuning - though even more bombastic and explosive than the L3000. It is quite a departure from the conventional A-T mid-forward sound, but I am really a fan,

One of my good friends and reviewer who is a fan of A-T, though very vocal about some products being hits and others misses says this is the best A-T headphone he's heard - which of course this is what you'd expect from a statement piece!

I will post some more photos and more detailed impressions tonight :)1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
This looks real awesome and much much better than I expect. I can’t wait to receive this babe and put she into good care. :)

Dec 18, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #60 of 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back