Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 VS Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 VS Denon DN-HP1000
Jul 18, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Don't go with PRO700MK2, it's anything but flat, Xone not so either, Denon best of the bunch but the little brother HP700 is actually better of them and is very flat with a slight midbass bump, highly recommended, besides the very slight bump in midbass the mids and highs are just very nicely balanced and flat all-round, couldn't hear any excessive peaks or dips. What's best is it also features a very nice soundstage. It's more on-ear than around ear though unless your ears are very small, I managed to get my ears fit inside with "stretching of the pads" but the problem then was that the ears started touching the driver enclosure which caused discomfort as the pads themselves are too thin, you can fix this by applying some extra paddening underneath the pads though to make them deeper.

Jul 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Don't go with PRO700MK2, it's anything but flat, Xone not so either, Denon best of the bunch but the little brother HP700 is actually better of them and is very flat with a slight midbass bump, highly recommended, besides the very slight bump in midbass the mids and highs are just very nicely balanced and flat all-round, couldn't hear any excessive peaks or dips. What's best is it also features a very nice soundstage. It's more on-ear than around ear though unless your ears are very small, I managed to get my ears fit inside with "stretching of the pads" but the problem then was that the ears started touching the driver enclosure which caused discomfort as the pads themselves are too thin, you can fix this by applying some extra paddening underneath the pads though to make them deeper.

I want headphones for DJing. I like that Allen & Heath Xone XD2-53 and Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 have detachable cables, 53mm drivers and gold plated plugs. I like bass but I don't like the sound of Monster Beats. Very fake sound. I want a set of headphones that have bass but not the quantity of bass that Beats have. That's the reason I want the flatter one. I have heard that Denon's hinges brake. Thank you for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back