Audio Technica ATH-Pro700mk2.. New to this site!
Jun 1, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #16 of 28
I don't find the M50 uncomfortable at all.  Maybe a little pressure on the top of the head, but the pads are circumaural, I mean how uncomfortable can that be?  They go around your ears, that's about it.  They're going to be more comfortable than every supra-aural headphone out there.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 28
Its interesting you say that. I had to get rid of mine and bought the HD25-1 instead because I found them a lot more comfortable. I have a big head and they gave me a headache along with the the itching and sweating that is undeniable with most pleather earpads. I might have kept them if a velour pad actually fit them that didn't change the sound so drastically. It seems I could very well be in the minority on this one since they are so well recommended on these forums.

Quote:
I don't find the M50 uncomfortable at all.  Maybe a little pressure on the top of the head, but the pads are circumaural, I mean how uncomfortable can that be?  They go around your ears, that's about it.  They're going to be more comfortable than every supra-aural headphone out there.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #19 of 28
Comfort seems to just as subjective as sound preference. I can wear them for up to 6-8 hours at a time when I use them for studying. They have such great passive isolation, but the clamping force didn't bother me at all even though these clamp harder than the m50s. Ever try the P5's at an apple store, they have to be one of the most comfortable headphones ever and they are supraaurals.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 28
Wow do you have small ears?  I have fairly big ears.  I thought the P5 was comfy for a supra aural headphone, but not close to the M50 or any other circumaural design. 

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #21 of 28
I researched online and the average ear size is 6.3 cm. Mine is 6.9 cm so they are actually bigger than normal but not elf sized. I think bigger ears would actually make circumaurals more uncomfortable since big ears may get trapped and bent funny when you are trying to cover the entire ear. I have lobed ears and I know they get caught in circumaurals sometimes, but it doesnt really bother me much.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a contest or a how big are your ears thread.

Quote:
Wow do you have small ears?  I have fairly big ears.  I thought the P5 was comfy for a supra aural headphone, but not close to the M50 or any other circumaural design. 

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #27 of 28

Quote:
I have a new open-box pair of ATH Pro700Mk2 that I would like to sell. Is that permissible here?

$140 + shipping.  Payment via PayPal.

There's a selling forum for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back