Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700 vs ATH-M50
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sinistro

New Head-Fier

I am not only new to this forum but also to the world of the better headphones. I am here for some advice.
For the past days I have been searching the internet for a headphone that fits my wishes and I'm stuck between two options.

I will be mainly using them for watching movies and lectures in forgeign languages and first person shooters (games).
My choise is between two headphones of Audio-Technica, being the ATH-M50 and the ATH-PRO700.

Because of my studys I move every weekend, so since I'll be carrying it around quite often I like the folding-option..
Which one would be the best choice for me? (If im deadly wrong with both of these two options, please tell me!)

Thanks for your advice!
Thomas

Sep 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:

Because of my studys I move every weekend, so since I'll be carrying it around quite often I like the folding-option..
Which one would be the best choice for me? (If im deadly wrong with both of these two options, please tell me!)

Thanks for your advice!
Thomas

Welcome to head-fi!
Why did you choose these models?
They are not good enough for games...you need something different....with better soundstage and positioning for fps games..
Is portability a must? 

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks! Also for the fast response!
smile.gif

I choose those models for a couple of reasons:
They are quite portable, but still over ear and closed (for noise cancelling and silent use in libraries).
Also they have relatively low resistance, so i wont need an amplifier.(right? or will an amp give a miraculous improvement?)

Ive fell in love with the AKG K601 before these, ive tried them on and they felt like heaven, but they have a lot of downsides for my personal use.. For example: how am I going to transport those AKG headphones in my backpack?
The portability is quite a must, but when they are no use for fps, I will continue my search offcourse..

Sep 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want full size cans the Ad700's or the HD555's are recommended. 

But if you are looking something to take with you everywhere (nice isolation), consider getting iems. The Nuforce NE-6/7 are good. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #5 of 5
[size=medium]
I would second the ad700's, they're probably the best headphones at that price range for games and have a great soundstage.  By portable, do you mean you need to listen to them on the bus and while walking, or do you just mean that you need to transport them from location A to location B?  You could just keep the box that the headphones come in and use that as sort of a case to move them around in if you're concerned about them becoming damaged.
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back