Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Aug 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:
Are these the best headphones (around ear) that I could get for this price?

They are if you like the sound signature. 

For the price, they are very good headphones...but you could like something that costs half as much...or you could spend much more searching for something that really sings to you.    It's all about trial and error with headphone purchases.    The M50s are good place to start though. 

I would suggest buying a used pair in the sales forum.  If you buy them at a good price and you don't like them (or find something you like better later on) you can sell them back without loosing any money.

Aug 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #20 of 36
It depends on many factors.  What music do you listen to?  Do like a lot of bass or do you crave detail?   Are these headphones to be used on the go or for listening in your house?  The M50s are closed headphones and they isolate pretty well, but you might be loosing some of the sound stage an open headphone might offer.  Do you really need isolation?

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #24 of 36
I think I'm gonna buy these either today or tomorrow off amazon (I'm currently traveling and don't get home til late tonight). When they arrive I'll tell you what I think of them!

Aug 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #25 of 36
This is the cheapest I found the l/e for and there a authorized retailer also. I have the m50le and I like them,but I don't use them alot.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50s-Limited-Professional-Headphones/dp/B006L404KU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345419637&sr=1-1&keywords=audio+technica+m50+le

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:
Change of plans! After trying out a bunch of headphones at best buy I decided to buy the bose AE2's. I'll review my thoughts on them tomorrow

Don't want to give you buyers remorse or anything, but the ATH M50s are much better than the Bose AE2s. Moving from beats to bose is a step in the right direction so to speak, but you could have done much better with the money you spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back