Audio-Technica ATH-M50s?
Aug 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

asc1198

New Head-Fier
Are these headphones better than beats studios? I currently own studios and am wondering if these are a better improvement. I am interested in comfort and sound quality. Please tell me all you know about these headphones. Thanks!

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #7 of 36
Quote:
Do you recommend that I buy an amp? If so which type?

well a amp will make them sound a little better, but I never really felt they needed one and the sound dose not really have that big of a improvement. But what source device are you using?

Quote:
Should I buy the limited edition types for $128, the normal black ones for $110, or the white ones for $140? Also straight or coiled cable?

Well I don't know where you live, but in the u.s the prices seam a little to low, you have to buy from a authorized retailer because there are a good number of fakes out there.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #9 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by asc1198 

Do you recommend that I buy an amp? If so which type?

The M50s can be driven without an amp, although they will sound a bit better with one. I personally don't think it's worth the investment, especially for $100~ headphones.

Your Droid Razr should be fine.

Quote:
Should I buy the limited edition types for $128, the normal black ones for $110, or the white ones for $140? Also straight or coiled cable?

Get whichever one you think looks cooler ;D
I found coiled a bit more convenient for me since I could move around a bit more with it, and I could just stuff the coil in a bag without worrying about tangles when I'm traveling. Straight may look a bit neater, though.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:
I will be playing music through my phone (DROID RAZR). I found those prices on amazon.

well just check that if its not being sold by amazon them self that you check to see if the 3rd party store selling them via amazon is a authorized retailer. And also try not to buy a used set if you can because you dont want someone just trying to dump a fake pair on someone else.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/c35da94027e94819/index.html

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #15 of 36
I think they're great headphones for the price, but I wouldn't say they're the best. I haven't heard all the headphones in the same price range, but I do like them enough to recommend them to a friend if they're looking for something around $100, portable, and sound pretty decent. 'Best' is rather subjective, too. 

It's better for you to try different headphones at your local store and decide what you like best. 

What kind of music do you usually listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back