Audio Technica ATH-M50 or Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV/MK - PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2011 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jbl772

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys so I'm pretty new to headphones and don't know a whole lot it'd be a lot of help if someone could please help me choose between the::::

Audio Technica ATH-M50

Audio Technica ATH-Pro700 SV

or the Audio Technica ATH-Pro700MK2

They are going to  be used for all sorts of genres, (in order of most listened to least)
1. metal, rock, alternative
2. trance, dubstep, drum & bass
3. hip hop, rap, r&b

Please can someone help me choose, I know someone can't really tell you what appeals to you, but I don't really have the money to invest in multiple headphones to see which I like.

So can someone please help:)

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard the new Pro700s, but I say go with the M50s. They are consistently and almost unanimously considered one of the best options available in their price range, if not the very best. Additionally, the Pros are apparently not very comfortable whereas the M50s are very much so. The m50s should also perform excellently in all your mentioned genres, particularly your top listened ones. The Pro700s seem like they would be leaning more in the opposite direction of sound.

The bottom line is you absolutely cannot go wrong with the M50s. They are great.

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
The bottom line is you absolutely cannot go wrong with the M50s. They are great.

Thanks man! I've been looking for simple words like that. I've been researching for days for a good pair of portable headphones and the m50's have been on the top of the list for their price.

Could you (or someone else) recommend some other good portable headphones under $150??  
[I'd also like for them to look a little bit nice, as I plan to wear these in public]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back