Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Sep 18, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #961 of 1,104
  How do the DUNU Titan 1/Fiio EX1 compare?

older post but I figured id chime in,

the dunu titan 1s I find is more detailed with a similar sort of bass

not exactly, the dunu titan 1s is more midbassy where as I found with im70s its more upper bassy (which I find doesn't give that same level of depth in terms of bass punch)

its kinda like... hm... say a smart car ramming a wall at 100mph and a Toyota camry also ramming a wall at 100mph (the camry being the titan 1s and the smart car being the im70) both have the same speed but due to the mass of the camry it hits with more impact

crappy analogy but I can't think of a better one

the titan 1s, is more treble forward, making it quite an aggressive listen, its also more emphasized in the upper mids with more of a scoop in the middle

so the midrange sounds thinner > im70, which is much lusher and more forward (but can be a bit unnatural at times)

soundstage I would say their equal but for different reasons

the im70 I think is more 3D in terms of its imaging, its not the widest soundstage, I wouldn't go so far to say its closed, but just a bit intimate

the titan 1s are airier and more expansive, but can be a bit diffuse, but both fair well in terms of placement of instruments (maybe the im70s would take the slightest edge)

isolation is wash, both aren't great, but the im70 do a much better job then the semi open titans (i think theres a total of 6-7 vents on each earpieces if im not mistaken)

nevertheless i like both! but if i had a gun pointed next to me..... i would go with.... i dunno
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #962 of 1,104
I was about to buy the Fiio EX1 at Fiio's discounted price until I saw the Titan 3 and 5 announced... Welp, now it's too late.

Any other IEMs with an organic sound like the IM70, eg. a w-shaped signature?

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #963 of 1,104

the im70s sit deep in your ears?

for a supposedly negative profile earphone, they stick a bit for me, its like its floating in midair (the body of the housing I mean)

its basically suspended just above my outer ear, with the nozzle and the eartips keeping it in place.

They sit deeper in my canals than the im02s due to the slightly longer nozzle. They dont really stick out for me, the the body sits pretty much level with the anti-helix part of my ear.

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #966 of 1,104
You won't be disappointed. I've had many iems come and go but i've stuck with the im70s, for the price they cant be beat when it comes to sound, fit, comfort and isolation imo.

It'll be my first pair of IEM. I was going to get the IM02 instead of the IM70 but IM02 cost like a 100$ more. Being on a tight budget, I chose the IM70. I'll give you guys my first impression when I get it.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #967 of 1,104
It'll be my first pair of IEM. I was going to get the IM02 instead of the IM70 but IM02 cost like a 100$ more. Being on a tight budget, I chose the IM70. I'll give you guys my first impression when I get it.

Yeh the im70 is a good place to start, good bass with forward mids and a relaxed top end make them very good for just sitting back and enjoying your music. The im02 is a worthwhile upgrade if you find yourself wanting a more neutral, detailed sound, they're more analytical without being overly harsh and are still quite musical.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #968 of 1,104
hi guys
i m planning to choose one between ATH im70 and gr07 classic(99$)
which one offers better detail and instrument seperation?
and i want to drive it from apple macbook air as source
Do i need any extra source to drivde them?

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #969 of 1,104
  hi guys
i m planning to choose one between ATH im70 and gr07 classic(99$)
which one offers better detail and instrument seperation?
and i want to drive it from apple macbook air as source
Do i need any extra source to drivde them?

GR07 wins in clarity and neutrality, IM70 wins in soundstage and warmth. Probably depends what you're going to be listening to. Detail and separation is pretty much a wash, but they present quite differently. One is colder and clearer, one is more natural and smoother.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #970 of 1,104
  I was about to buy the Fiio EX1 at Fiio's discounted price until I saw the Titan 3 and 5 announced... Welp, now it's too late.

Any other IEMs with an organic sound like the IM70, eg. a w-shaped signature?

It is CKR9.
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #971 of 1,104

GR07 wins in clarity and neutrality, IM70 wins in soundstage and warmth. Probably depends what you're going to be listening to. Detail and separation is pretty much a wash, but they present quite differently. One is colder and clearer, one is more natural and smoother.

i need an all-rounder.. mainly like listening to faster tracks but like to have one capable of playing most of the genres fits the bill for me
also please shred some thoughts whether apple mac book air is source enough to drive these iems?

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #972 of 1,104
  i need an all-rounder.. mainly like listening to faster tracks but like to have one capable of playing most of the genres fits the bill for me
also please shred some thoughts whether apple mac book air is source enough to drive these iems?

Price range?

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #974 of 1,104
take a look at these :

($99)     Head-Direct (Hifiman) RE0 = detail , analytical
($120)   Rockit Sounds R-50            = detail,soundstage but mediocre bass
($79)     Etymotic MC5                      = balanced , clean ,accurate
($60)     UE 600                                =very clear, smooth , decent bass ,plasticky feel , best worn downwards to eliminate cable noise(now has 50% discount on amazon)
($79)     Hifiman RE-400 Waterline  =Very clear and smooth sound ,Small and comfy

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #975 of 1,104
  take a look at these :

($99)     Head-Direct (Hifiman) RE0 = detail , analytical
($120)   Rockit Sounds R-50            = detail,soundstage but mediocre bass
($79)     Etymotic MC5                      = balanced , clean ,accurate
($60)     UE 600                                =very clear, smooth , decent bass ,plasticky feel , best worn downwards to eliminate cable noise(now has 50% discount on amazon)
($79)     Hifiman RE-400 Waterline  =Very clear and smooth sound ,Small and comfy

Out of these iems ,
i can find re 400 for 100 dollars and etymotic mc5 for 120 dollar in india. rest of them are not available in india
and i colud find gr07 classic for 99 dollar so they stand to these iems in term of sonic quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back