Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Feb 27, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #751 of 1,104
finally got these babies in! 

the red definitely looks better in real life > than pictures, was a bit worried at first 

its a bright kind of porche red colour if that makes sense! very nice!

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #754 of 1,104

Yeah, I don't like the spirals on these. Too short to fit the long nozzle. 

If you don't want the complys, or have a worn out pair, just carefully snip off rings to use as stoppers. This prevents the tips from pushing back (but it doesn't always work well as some wide-bore tips become a bit loose and you lose seal)

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #755 of 1,104
  If you don't want the complys, or have a worn out pair, just carefully snip off rings to use as stoppers. This prevents the tips from pushing back (but it doesn't always work well as some wide-bore tips become a bit loose and you lose seal)

aren't the rings too long to fit on the earphone along with the spirals? need to cut a bit off?

Feb 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #756 of 1,104
  aren't the rings too long to fit on the earphone along with the spirals? need to cut a bit off?

yea that's why I said to snip them off. But you must do it carefully otherwise you undercut or overcut

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #758 of 1,104
Hello Guys!

I just wanted to ask if what i ordered is real. I was reading this and decided to order from amazon. I then saw one available for a very low price

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$64.00

Shipping & Handling:
$8.31

Total before tax:
$72.31

Estimated tax to be collected:
$0.00

Grand Total:
$72.31

From this seller.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=103-5170878-7779403&seller=A2H5A602XCU2ZU

As soon as i ordered, the next available item is at $92.

Just making sure if this one is legit since this particular order is almost at the same pricepoint as the IM50.

Thanks Guys and hope you can help me out.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #759 of 1,104
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to ask if the one that i ordered is the real deal. I ordered one at amazon for a very low price:

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$64.00

Shipping & Handling:
$8.31

Total before tax:
$72.31

$0.00

Grand Total:
$72.31

Its form the seller JapaneseLady (i can't post links apparently.

Is this thing legit. It's almost at the same price with the IM50s so im kinda dubious about the purchase. The tracking says it's still being prepared for shipment.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #760 of 1,104
Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:
$64.00

Shipping & Handling:
$8.31

Total before tax:
$72.31

$0.00

Grand Total:
$72.31

Wow! When did you get that price? It is now $94. Yes, it is an amazing deal and it should be legit. 
wink.gif
 The seller has good reputation so far. I bought mine from "J-Made" and paid only $72.

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #761 of 1,104

Wow! When did you get that price? It is now $94. Yes, it is an amazing deal and it should be legit. 
wink.gif
 The seller has good reputation so far. I bought mine from "J-Made" and paid only $72.

Hello Ozkan!

Thanks for Replying! I just ordered it the other day. Once i got the order in it was taken off from the available sellers list. So maybe this is the last one. But the tracking says it's still being prepared for shipment so i hope this really pushes through! I bought the MEElectronics M6 Pro and it was too harsh for me so i was searching for another IEM so i can preserve my TF10s (which has been serving me really really well for 3 years already).

How does the sound compare to the TF10s though? I hope they have some similarities.

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #763 of 1,104
I got a pair of these last year and used these for about 30 hours and it seems like 1 of the 2 drivers on the left side is dead. I've tried flipping the cables but issue still persists on the left side. Contacted AT US and they said the im70 can't be repaired. Bummer.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #764 of 1,104
I got a pair of these last year and used these for about 30 hours and it seems like 1 of the 2 drivers on the left side is dead. I've tried flipping the cables but issue still persists on the left side. Contacted AT US and they said the im70 can't be repaired. Bummer.

How did you realise that one of the drivers is dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back