Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Feb 9, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #1,051 of 1,104
Yea, one thing about the ATH IM series is their connection are rather fragile. The pins should be on the cable since they're easily replaceable and one can always attempt to remove the pins if they broke off inside the socket. Putting them on the drivers is just silly as when they break, they break.

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #1,053 of 1,104
Im not sure they could easily be repaired and even if they could it might not even be worth it. You could try some solder but you'd have to be pretty handy with the the iron to get it right. I guess you could always try sticking a pin in the cable connector so that a little bit sticks out and will make contact when you plug it in.

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #1,054 of 1,104
It seems that the earphone cable can sometimes (but not reliably) make contact with the earphone even without the pin. Any opinion on whether a bit of solder could help?

Fold a small piece of paper and put inside the female socket. That way it will hold the jack tight and secure.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,057 of 1,104
  How do they compare to the Dunu Titan 1 and DN-1000 soundwise?

I prefer IM70 to Dunu Titan 1.Titan's vocals sound distant and thin compared to the IM70.As Titan 1 sounds thin even in the highs,it gives you the impression that it is retrieving truckload of details.Titan 1 lacks fullness even in the highs and the bass.All in all,the IM70 clearly beats Titan 1.The only plus point for Titan 1 is that it has better subbass.I don't own DN-1000,so I can't say anything about that.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,058 of 1,104

I prefer IM70 to Dunu Titan 1.Titan's vocals sound distant and thin compared to the IM70.As Titan 1 sounds thin even in the highs,it gives you the impression that it is retrieving truckload of details.Titan 1 lacks fullness even in the highs and the bass.All in all,the IM70 clearly beats Titan 1.The only plus point for Titan 1 is that it has better subbass.I don't own DN-1000,so I can't say anything about that.

So the IM70 also has more treble sparkle than the Titan 1?

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,059 of 1,104
How do they compare to the Dunu Titan 1 and DN-1000 soundwise?
comparing with titan,im70 are warm sounding,rolled off highs,more bass,better vocals(great),less soundstage,fuller sounding,easy driveable,good isolation,fun sounding.I returned my im70 beacause personally didnt like it and bought titan and happy with it except for isolation.dont have dn1000 to compare.

Mar 13, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,060 of 1,104
comparing with titan,im70 are warm sounding,rolled off highs,more bass,better vocals(great),less soundstage,fuller sounding,easy driveable,good isolation,fun sounding.I returned my im70 beacause personally didnt like it and bought titan and happy with it except for isolation.dont have dn1000 to compare.

Are the mids on the Titan 1 recessed or neutral?

Mar 13, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,061 of 1,104
  So the IM70 also has more treble sparkle than the Titan 1?

I hate Titan 1's treble.I love to listen to music above normal levels and the treble through Titan 1 is just too much;it is annoying and ear-piercing because it is not full.The IM70 treble is above average,not excellent,but definitely better than Titan 1's treble.The IM70 has rich timbre compared to Titan 1 and is not ear piercing at all.The IM70 beats Titan 1 in all the areas but subbass.

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,062 of 1,104
I hate Titan 1's treble.I love to listen to music above normal levels and the treble through Titan 1 is just too much;it is annoying and ear-piercing because it is not full.The IM70 treble is above average,not excellent,but definitely better than Titan 1's treble.The IM70 has rich timbre compared to Titan 1 and is not ear piercing at all.The IM70 beats Titan 1 in all the areas but subbass.
Hahaha, this just shows how much different the same IEM sound to different head fiers , personally I think that the treble of the Titan 1 is only a bit sibilant, however this problem is removed on the FiiO EX1 which is a FiiO tuned OEM Titan 1.

Different ppl have different tastes too, and it also depends on what kind of music one listens to, I mostly listen to movie scores so the IM-70 sounds horribly congested and muddy whereas the fiio ex1 performs very well . However the im-70 vocals sound just right because of its smoother midrange but female vocals sound a bit thin and nasal on the ex1.

So in the end I decided not to buy either of them and get a ckr-9 . Thick enough midrange so vocals sound heavenly but it's also fast enough to get BA like detail and air on movie scores .

Just my 2 cents.

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,064 of 1,104
Hahaha, this just shows how much different the same IEM sound to different head fiers , personally I think that the treble of the Titan 1 is only a bit sibilant, however this problem is removed on the FiiO EX1 which is a FiiO tuned OEM Titan 1.

Different ppl have different tastes too, and it also depends on what kind of music one listens to, I mostly listen to movie scores so the IM-70 sounds horribly congested and muddy whereas the fiio ex1 performs very well . However the im-70 vocals sound just right because of its smoother midrange but female vocals sound a bit thin and nasal on the ex1.

So in the end I decided not to buy either of them and get a ckr-9 . Thick enough midrange so vocals sound heavenly but it's also fast enough to get BA like detail and air on movie scores .

Just my 2 cents.

haha...Compared to IM70 and Titan 1,CKR 9 is on a totally different level.You made the right choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back