Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016
Jun 29, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #901 of 1,068
E70 for treble sensitive listener or/and freak for detail and accuracy tonality.
Exactly, very well said! This is why I prefer the E70 over my LS200 - tonality and details

What was your source btw?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #906 of 1,068
Well my E70 is on it’s way (can’t wait!!) and I’m looking for an aftermarket cable. The stock one is too long for me and the used E70 I ordered doesn’t come with it anyway. Not looking to spend $100+ on the cable as I snagged the iem for not too much more than that :p . There are plenty of good looking cables on Ebay but I don’t know if anyone has tested their quality.

Jul 29, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #909 of 1,068
hi guys i have the e40 and i recently replaced the stock m tips with the stock l tips and the difference in the seal is amazing and the amount of details is ridiculous but i can help but feel that while the sound is a lot more fuller but it might be a little muddy? anyone else had this issue? any workarounds? also is the e70 a big upgrade fromm the e40s?

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #910 of 1,068
hi guys i have the e40 and i recently replaced the stock m tips with the stock l tips and the difference in the seal is amazing and the amount of details is ridiculous but i can help but feel that while the sound is a lot more fuller but it might be a little muddy? anyone else had this issue? any workarounds? also is the e70 a big upgrade fromm the e40s?

Get tips with a wider bore. JVC spiral dots are good. Ive tried the U900 silicone tips and they are really balanced. Just enough of highs and the tight low end they can provide. cheers!

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #912 of 1,068
Because I like the CKR10 so much, I'm considering the E40. Are the opinions about their comparison still (mostly) favorable?

And, is the cable noise better than the (NOISY) CKR10 cables?

I find myself to be a tough fit and none of the stock tips with any of my IEMs are suitable. Will the SpinFit CP-240 tips fit these?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #913 of 1,068
Because I like the CKR10 so much, I'm considering the E40. Are the opinions about their comparison still (mostly) favorable?

And, is the cable noise better than the (NOISY) CKR10 cables?

I find myself to be a tough fit and none of the stock tips with any of my IEMs are suitable. Will the SpinFit CP-240 tips fit these?

personally i've never tried the CKR 10's but i do own the e40's and i tihnk they're superb for the price...really enjoying them...i constantly tap my feet on my commute to work on a daily basis...i am considering the ls200 since they're the upgrades to the im02 but i will look at them closer to christmas when the sales go up but so far i'm a big fan of the audio technica line..they sound kickass...the cable i think is fine but i bought a custom cable off ebay cause i didnt quite like the memory wire which tends to irritate me..my cable is a braided white cable/silver cable....i personally can't say there's a difference in the sound after swapping them but i'm not a professional audio guy...but i can definately say they e40's are worth the price...

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #915 of 1,068
Hi guys, you might be interested to check out this review of CKR100 - compared with E40 and E70. Happy reading :)
Nice review.
Regarding "The only downside with the E70s are that they get a bit sibilant – especially when the singers are throwing out the ssss or shshshshhhss."
Try to play with cables and sources. I do not currently experience any sibilant in 95% of the time unless I listen to some poor quality records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back