Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Dec 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #1,381 of 1,585
90% sure they didn't stop producing them.  they just stopped exporting them.  but yeah, these iems are the real deal.  i haven't felt the need to upgrade since i got them however many years ago now.  though i've just been bitten by the upgraditis bug.  apparently the heir 4.ai is like better CK10.  the thought of that blows my mind.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #1,382 of 1,585
Quote:
90% sure they didn't stop producing them.  they just stopped exporting them.  but yeah, these iems are the real deal.  i haven't felt the need to upgrade since i got them however many years ago now.  though i've just been bitten by the upgraditis bug.  apparently the heir 4.ai is like better CK10.  the thought of that blows my mind.

It seems that AT discountinued them, I cant find any pair on Amazon Japan, kakaku or rakuten

Btw, could you make a comparison between 4ai and ck10? Sometimes,  but not too often, I found the treble of ck10 quite harsh for several tracks

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #1,384 of 1,585
Quote:

It seems that AT discountinued them, I cant find any pair on Amazon Japan, kakaku or rakuten

Btw, could you make a comparison between 4ai and ck10? Sometimes,  but not too often, I found the treble of ck10 quite harsh for several tracks

i don't actually have the 4ais.  i'm not sure anyone has the two to compare either.  joker doesn't, and most of the old ck10 crowd has either moved on or stopped posting i believe.  i recently just came back to the forum.

i'll be sad if they actually discontinued the line.  they were stellar.

as for selling...  maybe, if i can gather the cash to get the 4.ai.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #1,386 of 1,585
Quote:
i don't actually have the 4ais.  i'm not sure anyone has the two to compare either.  joker doesn't, and most of the old ck10 crowd has either moved on or stopped posting i believe.  i recently just came back to the forum.

i'll be sad if they actually discontinued the line.  they were stellar.

as for selling...  maybe, if i can gather the cash to get the 4.ai.

Most did move on from the CK10. I know I certainly did

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #1,387 of 1,585
Quote:

Most did move on from the CK10. I know I certainly did

not surprised.  its a gateway drug, since it barely scratches the top tier bracket where customs normally reside.  speaking of which, remember that thread?  top tier comparison.  that was a good time.

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,388 of 1,585
I'm still rocking the CK10s and they haven't miss a beat. They're the most stealthy IEMs and have the soft, comfortable cables. Tried getting silicone tips for them, but could never get a good seal after several impressions so foamies work best for my ears. Found the hard AT foam tips work well if you use your body heat to warm them up before insertion.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,390 of 1,585
i would consider selling mine depending on how much i could get for them.  i had no idea these were running a hair less than $400 new...

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #1,392 of 1,585

http://www.head-fi.org/t/467576/audio-technica-ath-ck10/1350#post_8586209

It was already discontinued since February 2012 of this year, you need to read a few pages back that as I had already clarified regarding that topic awhile ago. (with evidence straight from Audio-technica's HQ mouth)

i would consider selling mine depending on how much i could get for them.  i had no idea these were running a hair less than $400 new...

And that's because they are already EOL-ed. They actually used to go for around USD 300 dollars brand new on many websites like Accessory Jack/Bluetin, but it seems that streets prices online for these have jumped quite abit ever since they were discontinued in Japan, so perhaps due to low stock/shortages everywhere online retailers marked up those prices, as usual when there's higher demand and lower supply, these events do happen.

Dec 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,393 of 1,585
So.. now I got to baby my CK10 like crazy since they're fantastic I just wanna keep them forever :\
Maybe I should just shelf them, keep them as they are and move on.

Now, which one of these would you choose to substitute the CK10?
  1. ATH-CK100PRO
  2. PFE 232
  3. j-phonic K2 SP
  4. UE900
  5. Heir 4.A (also Ai)
  6. JH5 
  7. Or any other ideas?

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,394 of 1,585
Quote:
not surprised.  its a gateway drug, since it barely scratches the top tier bracket where customs normally reside.  speaking of which, remember that thread?  top tier comparison.  that was a good time.

I wouldn't call it gateway. I ended up getting the JH5 and moved on to desktop gear. Although I did pick up a FX700 last week to use at work but main focus is still my home set up. I do remember that and that was a fun time but doubt anything like that will be done by me again :p

Quote:
So.. now I got to baby my CK10 like crazy since they're fantastic I just wanna keep them forever :\
Maybe I should just shelf them, keep them as they are and move on.

Now, which one of these would you choose to substitute the CK10?
  1. ATH-CK100PRO
  2. PFE 232
  3. j-phonic K2 SP
  4. UE900
  5. Heir 4.A (also Ai)
  6. JH5 
  7. Or any other ideas?

I have the JH5 and they sound pretty different where one is more analytic in signature and the other is a bit warm and slight bass emphasis although the JH5 is the better earphone no doubt.

Dec 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #1,395 of 1,585
having not actually heard any of those iems, from what i've read, the 4ai is pretty close in signature, although slightly warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back