Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Apr 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #1,171 of 1,585
I tried the tri-flanges that came with my MTPC. It totally killed soundstage IMO. 

And I thought the Sony hybrids killed off some texture... so I went back to the stock tips, which made the sound less open. But I'm pretty happy with them now. 

Guess I'd get custom fitted tips when I get the chance.

Everyones case is different I guess. The included tips just did not work with my ears. Made them sound like $5 earbuds. I get the best sound with the Ety style triples. The second best is with the monsters but they're the most comfortable after hours of use. I'm happy the stock tips are working for you though. Custom tips are very tempting!

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #1,172 of 1,585
I've been using sony hybrids with mine, and I'm loving them. Real comfortable, blocks out noise, and i get good bass and treble.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #1,173 of 1,585
How can I definitively test whether or not one side of my CK10s is louder than the other? I can't tell if it's in my head, a problem with my ears, or the stuff I'm listening to, but I keep thinking the right side is getting just the slightest bit more sound, and it's making me crazy. How can I check this?

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #1,175 of 1,585
Just try swapping the phones. (Left channel to right ear/ right channel to left ear)

Listen to the vocals as your reference point, should be centered. Check with a few different recordings.

My right ear isn't quite as good as my left so vocals are always panned just a tiny bit to left of center. If I focus on it it'll make me crazy too. I imagine a dap with a balance control would help me.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #1,178 of 1,585
The CK10s have a small mesh-like thing as a filter on the nozzle. The hole is also pretty small so it's hard to get clogged up with earwax. If it's that bad you should probably consider cleaning out your ears before you use IEMs like I do.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #1,179 of 1,585
any ck10 owners find that you get a better seal with the housing completely visible on your ear? I tried the deep insertion as suggested on this thread and could not get a proper seal at all. I must have weird ear canals lol.

I also must add that these iems sound amazing :D

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #1,180 of 1,585
Is the dynamic range at all compressed on the CK10? Because I found Q-jays and DBA-02 based on the same drivers somewhat compressed sounding.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #1,181 of 1,585

Quote:
Is the dynamic range at all compressed on the CK10? Because I found Q-jays and DBA-02 based on the same drivers somewhat compressed sounding.

IMO the CK10 is so far the best implementation of the TWFK I've heard (and I've heard teh Q-jays and the DBA-02). Smoothest frequency response and most extended.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #1,182 of 1,585
Quote:
IMO the CK10 is so far the best implementation of the TWFK I've heard (and I've heard teh Q-jays and the DBA-02). Smoothest frequency response and most extended.

But what about dynamics - the contrast between loud and quiet sounds in a recording - how well does the CK10 manage to do this? Does the sound "explode" when necessary? Does it quiet down during subtler music passages? A good track for testing dynamics would be something like this.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,183 of 1,585

But what about dynamics - the contrast between loud and quiet sounds in a recording - how well does the CK10 manage to do this? Does the sound "explode" when necessary? Does it quiet down during subtler music passages? A good track for testing dynamics would be something like this.

The dynamics of the CK10 are very good with that or even better with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon. :D

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,184 of 1,585

Quote:

speaking from memory, if ur looking for difference between soft sound and exploding sounds, the ck10 can do it. fyi i dont find dba-02 to be any better than a $100 crossroad woody2, which i happen to own both at the same time. i got the ck10 to replace it, huge 3d imaging, sense of distance, and space. Eventually i could'nt get over the weak lower register of the sound, i use iem only outdoors at loud environment, not satisfying at all. In quite environment, i can easily hear down to the bass rumble. Last before i sold it off, i noticed that it has one flaw in the presentation, 'treble position' is more forward on the stage than the mids and lows. Now im searching for a dynamic driver, but cant seem to find anything that does a lot of good as the ck10. iem-less atm. >_<

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #1,185 of 1,585
Yes I am also unable to get a proper seal with the christmas trees. No matter how much I open and relax my jaw, and pull my ears back with the opposite hands, and just push and shove and twist, I cannot get a seal going on at all!

So maybe we both have weird ear canals... 

And I'm still searching for better tips for my CK10s, though ATM am settling with Sony hybrids/Monster supertips/original tips.

P.S. This thread just keeps showing up!

Quote:
any ck10 owners find that you get a better seal with the housing completely visible on your ear? I tried the deep insertion as suggested on this thread and could not get a proper seal at all. I must have weird ear canals lol.

I also must add that these iems sound amazing :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back