Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Mar 12, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #1,127 of 1,585

Quote:

They're also available for $259 here which is around $20 less. Including shipping the price will probably be the same or maybe a tiny bit cheaper on accessoryjack.com

I was wondering if anyone has bought these from accessoryjack.com that live in the US and what kind of shipping time it takes to ship (i'm guessing a month, maybe a little less).  Also if there is a warranty when bought from said place.  I'm really hot to buy these, but I just can't pull the trigger yet.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #1,128 of 1,585
or you guys can check with dimitri from Musica-Acoustics..it is slightly under the accessory jack price

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #1,129 of 1,585
Don't forget Warehouse123.com...http://warehouse123.com/store/product_information.php?pid=2498&ptext=Audio-Technica-ATH-CK10-Sealing-up-In-Earphone-Black

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,130 of 1,585
that's a nice price!

Quote:
Don't forget Warehouse123.com...http://warehouse123.com/store/product_information.php?pid=2498&ptext=Audio-Technica-ATH-CK10-Sealing-up-In-Earphone-Black

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #1,131 of 1,585
I just bought some used off ebay for $175 shipped.

I am really liking the sound of these so far, they are pretty much the type of sound I was after. Very happy with my purchase so far :)

Is this site legit?

Mar 13, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #1,132 of 1,585

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone has bought these from accessoryjack.com that live in the US and what kind of shipping time it takes to ship (i'm guessing a month, maybe a little less).  Also if there is a warranty when bought from said place.  I'm really hot to buy these, but I just can't pull the trigger yet.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

I bought it from Accessoryjack. I bought it on March 1st, shipped out on March 4th. It just arrived at the custom office yesterday and they are willing to mark the price as low as you request. I am in Canada, so it might be faster in US.

Mar 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #1,133 of 1,585
I ordered them from Accessory Jack on February 6th. Turns out that they were out of stock at the time.  On February 22, Accessory Jack emailed to let me know they expected to receive them on February 25th.  At their suggestion, I upgraded to the EMS shipping.  They shipped them on February 26th and they would have been delivered on February 28th but I wasn't home to sign for them.  I picked them up at the post office the next morning, March 1st.  I/M/O, the EMS shipping was completely worth it. Accessory Jack was great to deal with--they kept me updated about the purchase and the CK-10's arrived super fast, once they actually shipped.    

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,135 of 1,585

Quote:
I bought it from Accessoryjack. I bought it on March 1st, shipped out on March 4th. It just arrived at the custom office yesterday and they are willing to mark the price as low as you request. I am in Canada, so it might be faster in US.

Quote:
I ordered them from Accessory Jack on February 6th. Turns out that they were out of stock at the time.  On February 22, Accessory Jack emailed to let me know they expected to receive them on February 25th.  At their suggestion, I upgraded to the EMS shipping.  They shipped them on February 26th and they would have been delivered on February 28th but I wasn't home to sign for them.  I picked them up at the post office the next morning, March 1st.  I/M/O, the EMS shipping was completely worth it. Accessory Jack was great to deal with--they kept me updated about the purchase and the CK-10's arrived super fast, once they actually shipped.    

Thanks for the input guys.  Now trying to decide if ordering through Warehouse123 or Accessoryjack is any different outside of price.  $10 difference, not much when you are paying this price, but anything helps.

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #1,136 of 1,585
I joined the club too, received my CK10 yesterday! Listening to them throughout day I found them to be too bright. I just couldn't get a good enough seal with the included tips. I tried jamming them in deeper but still no good. If only the stem was a little longer. When I got home from work I went through my tip selection and sure enough I found an old pair of Shure PA755 triple flange tips that many here have suggested. Long story short with the triples they sound like a totally different iem. They no longer sound overly bright and there is much more bass. I've read a lot of comments with concerns about insufficient bass from the CK10. There is plenty of bass from these now sealed with the triple flange tips. They sound great with every genre I throw at them, super clean and revealing. They are easily the best sounding iem I have heard so far although I haven't heard many. Midrange and highs are definitely better than the q-JAYS I've been using and they'll now be relegated to strictly motorcycle helmet use. I have some W4's on the way and anxiously waiting to see how they compare.

Thanks

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #1,138 of 1,585
these don't really need burn in.  tip selection and isolation are much more important.

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #1,139 of 1,585

Quote:
I joined the club too, received my CK10 yesterday! Listening to them throughout day I found them to be too bright. I just couldn't get a good enough seal with the included tips. I tried jamming them in deeper but still no good. If only the stem was a little longer. When I got home from work I went through my tip selection and sure enough I found an old pair of Shure PA755 triple flange tips that many here have suggested. Long story short with the triples they sound like a totally different iem. They no longer sound overly bright and there is much more bass. I've read a lot of comments with concerns about insufficient bass from the CK10. There is plenty of bass from these now sealed with the triple flange tips. They sound great with every genre I throw at them, super clean and revealing. They are easily the best sounding iem I have heard so far although I haven't heard many. Midrange and highs are definitely better than the q-JAYS I've been using and they'll now be relegated to strictly motorcycle helmet use. I have some W4's on the way and anxiously waiting to see how they compare.

Thanks

welcome to the club! It's great to see that you prefer them over the q-JAYS (as did I) Enjoy them and do let us know how they compare to the Westone 4. After reading your comments, I'm inclined to try some other tips like the Shure and Monster triple flanges. I really like the Sony Hybrids, but your post is just letting me wonder - Is there more I can bring out from the CK10 in terms of sound and comfort? 

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #1,140 of 1,585

welcome to the club! It's great to see that you prefer them over the q-JAYS (as did I) Enjoy them and do let us know how they compare to the Westone 4. After reading your comments, I'm inclined to try some other tips like the Shure and Monster triple flanges. I really like the Sony Hybrids, but your post is just letting me wonder - Is there more I can bring out from the CK10 in terms of sound and comfort? 

Thanks

Listening to them at the moment, can't seem to put them down. I must have had them in my ears for at least twelve hours today! Lol

I keep reading about these sony hybrid tips, must get my hands on some and give them a try. Same goes for the Monster triples.

Its funny because I was trying to decide between the CK10 and W4. Decided on the W4, placed the order but then the dealer contacted me and said they would have more in next week. I then did the next logical thing and went ahead and bought the CK10s too!:D

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back