Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Feb 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #1,066 of 1,585

Quote:
Haha..that's great though..it will be nice to try all those collected tips on the CK10. Remember our deal when you decide to sell of some of your "other" earphones. 

So from where and for how much are you planning to get the CK10? Did you check with Dimitri?

updated sig :p

Yep! Checking with Dimitri. Will know in a couple of days, I guess. As for "others", some of them have a queue
wink.gif
. But, I'll take whatever help I can when I go for customs.

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #1,067 of 1,585
I pulled the trigger on a pair of CK10's... but had a quick question... I want to pick up some tri flanges from meelec... but don't know which fit the CK10. Their accessory page seems to hint that the m6,m9,m11,m11+ tips aren't interchangeable, and thus differently sized.

Any insight would be appreciated. =)

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #1,068 of 1,585
^^ you should just consider the monster knockoffs on ebay i posted a page or something back.  its the same price and includes free shipping.

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #1,073 of 1,585
It looks like the CK10 is no longer needed and have put them up for sale. I got them on impulse and decided to compare them to another iem and have done that so mine goes up for sale.

This time I didn't hold on to the CK10 for as long :p

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #1,074 of 1,585

Quote:
2 Days into listening to these things. I feel bad now... my custom molded 530's aren't ever going to see the light of day again...

*Sigh*

These are fantastic.

evil_smiley.gif
The CK10's have a way of doing that, when I had them on loan over the summer my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers got put on the shelf the entire time, didn't get touched for the week except when I made myself listen to them for comparisons

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #1,078 of 1,585
I just got my CK10's today, and so haven't read through this entire thread, but AudioDwebe's OP is spot on.  I also thought the sound was too bright and hissy.  Until I put on some fake Sony Hybrids and pushed these babies right in.

Deep insertion is definitely the key.

Now I want to get some real Sony Hybrids.  And maybe some triflanges.

Quote:
Upon first listening to the CK10s through my iPod Classic, I noted that sound was rather tinny and lacked anything that resembled the lower frequencies. To say I was a wee bit disappointed is an understatement. And the fit just didn't feel quite right.
But no true head-fi'er worth their salt will let things lay in this manner, and I began my fidgeting, jamming, poking, pushing, shoving, etcetera of the IEMs into my ears; over-the-ear, straight in, sideways and nothing seemed to really work.

The sleeve of the CK10s have no ridge or anything of the sort to kind of "lock" the tips. The stem is smooth as a straw, and the tip sort of slides right on. I was a bit reluctant to insert the IEMs into my ears deep out of fear of the tip falling off the stem deep in my ear canal. But, I had read other head-fi'ers talking 'bout the "deep" insertion. So I took a deep breath, and sort of pushed the IEMs gently deeper and deeper until I could feel a rather solid (and sound proof) seal.

Then the CK10's came to life.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #1,079 of 1,585
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Guys, ask to enter the club! I bought my CK10 today in AcessoryJack.

@tkalee: Congrats on the new CK10. It's a damn good pair of phones and the hybrid tips certainly take it up a notch. However, I'm not so sure you would see the difference when you buy some real sony tips as the fake ones aren't exactly fake but a very good quality compatible tips. Don't waste your money on the real ones and instead just try out with some tri-flanges.

Quote:
I just got my CK10's today, and so haven't read through this entire thread, but AudioDwebe's OP is spot on.  I also thought the sound was too bright and hissy.  Until I put on some fake Sony Hybrids and pushed these babies right in.

Deep insertion is definitely the key.

Now I want to get some real Sony Hybrids.  And maybe some triflanges.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #1,080 of 1,585
If ordering qualifies one to the club, I am in already
wink.gif
. Should be getting my hands on them sometime this week.

@tkalee,

If by "fake" Sony hybrids, you meant the one from eBay seller LostEarBuds, you won't gain much by getting real Sony hybrids. I have both, but don't find too much difference between the two when it comes to affecting SQ with other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back