Audio Technica ATH-CK10
Apr 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #766 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass is perfect, as far as my (non-basshead) ears can tell - juicy and underpinning and supporting the rest of the music rather than overwhelming it. I'm using the small stock tips, and all I have to do is slide them up the old canals and away I go. Sibilance is non-existent. Just pure joyful music that makes my head spin.

good to hear that you enjoy them
smily_headphones1.gif
I didn't like single flange on them although I only tried the hybrids. The fake triple flanges are pretty nice to my ears. You are probably one of the few who are able to use the stock tips :p

Apr 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #767 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say yes to everything on the list except the ER4P and possibly a modded HJE900, which I have not heard. TF10 can be close when amped by the Shadow.

thanks for the input

also:

How are the Microphonics on this IEM?

How Durable is the Cable?

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #770 of 1,585
^ true that. I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. However that would make too much sense to do something like that.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #771 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They feel like a good quality silicon but it's somewhere on the thin side so it's very easy to get them ripped. In fact, one of the tips came ripped about 1/8 inch on the biggest flange. Please let us know if they are any different than the original ones.

The fake and real Monster tri-flanges are very close cosmetically. The fakes are about half a shade lighter in color. The stem on the fake is a tad bit thicker, but the flanges are a tad bit thinner. In my opinion, not different enough to matter since both are still very thin to begin with.

Just tested out the fake and real ones and there was no difference in sound to my ears. If you want a pic of both then let me know.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #772 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd think that people would carefully read at least one review before even considering a $220 IEM.

no need to be douchey about it, they were simple question

i have searched and read the reviews on it....i just wanted an extra opinion b4 i buy

the ck10 and sflo2 combined will cost upward of $400, so i want to be pretty sure about everything before i make this purchase

this isnt a hobby for me, collecting iems and headphones, i just want a good sounding player + iem

not to sound douchey myself or start a flame war, its just certain comments can give off the wrong impression, intentional or not, this is supposed to be a helpful board for discussion

/end rant

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #774 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fake and real Monster tri-flanges are very close cosmetically. The fakes are about half a shade lighter in color. The stem on the fake is a tad bit thicker, but the flanges are a tad bit thinner. In my opinion, not different enough to matter since both are still very thin to begin with.

Just tested out the fake and real ones and there was no difference in sound to my ears. If you want a pic of both then let me know.

Thanks for the detailed description, AB. I don't think the pic is necessary since rawrster already beat you to it.
evil_smiley.gif
(Thanks, rawrster.)

So the general consensus is that there are no major physical differences and that they perform just about the same, right? Are there any differences in getting a good seal since the thickness of the flanges are different?

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #775 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaeO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet, Im waiting until end of may for the detachable cable version
evil_smiley.gif

is there actually any evidence to prove that this may be unveiled soon?

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #777 of 1,585
@analogbox: they are both very easy to get a good seal with so no major differences there

@lucozade: you're too slow! this is what happens when you hesitate :p lol

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #779 of 1,585
Quote:

Originally Posted by midget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is there actually any evidence to prove that this may be unveiled soon?

According to the Westone website:

Now with Removable Cable! Coming May 2010!

And from the UM3X thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/w...ml#post6507294

Happy days
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back