Audio Technica AT-HA5050H and HA22Tube
Aug 7, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #32 of 53
'Would also like to see a compro maybe against other amps in its (~$300) price range.  But seems changing out the tubes would change impressions everywhere!  Which makes it complicated when trying to determine "bang for buck."

This is my first amp so I have nothing but a sound card to compare it to:
HA22TUBE arrived. 
Plugged in directly from X-fi MB stereo out to Left/Right RCA cables.  Then into amp.  Out to the ATH-W11JPN:
Classical has more density and better instrument placement (as expected of Hybrid Amps).  They dont sound so crowded together anymore!  Slow-paced songs are enhanced with deeper details such as more natural strumming of acoustic guitars.  Violins are more vivid as I can see the pulling of the Bow in my mind and almost smell the wood!  Piano keys and drums resound more naturally as well and fill the "room." The intensity of the musician's playing can now be heard & FELT as if I was sitting in concert immediately nearby.  
Faster-paced genres like pop aren't a strong point of the W11JPN as it is overwhelmed/crowded
 and seems slow in conveying the song to my ears.  However, this amp cleans up the delivery to enjoyable levels.
Adding a step-down transformer removed a good chunk of harshness.  I dont have to use the -10dB defeat switch anymore!  So now, I can turn the knob further up.  Sound is more balanced with less volume SPIKES.  A little more details can be heard in the background.  This is from my SportaPros, which aren't reached for if I want to hear details!  Plus, longevity of the unit should ensue (correct voltage usage)! 
?.?.15
Now, I'm kind of deaf and my setup is kind of harsh even for me!  At some point, I added a Stereo to L/R Composite Y-Cable with a Ferrite Bead on it.  This brought the harshness down to a more acceptable level and some details from the songs' background, closer to my ears. 

W3000ANVs aren't even burned in yet >< ...  wouldn't be fair to put in a review just yet ...

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #35 of 53
  I have the ATH HA22TUBE.

Anybody else have it? Can we start an impressions thread?

Not much can be found regarding this wonderful amp on Head Fi.

I should have post a review for HA22TUBE months back, but job and other commitments keep holding me from finishing the review 
redface.gif

just sharing from a prior experience

Super awesome!
I was blown away when tested the HA5050 at home with T1 and HD800, best amp so far for those reference headphones. I can imagine the Ether would be so delicious with HA5050H 
L3000.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #37 of 53
Feb 4, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 53
Well, is there ANY other amp out there, that has impedance output selection?
:wink:

Apr 1, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #40 of 53
Saw the HA5050H at Stereo Singapore today. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Price, NOT beautiful.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #43 of 53
How much was it? Roughly.

It's a couple of dollars short of SGD9000. About USD6673. That's way above Summit Fi amps like Cavalli Eddie Current Studio6 etc.

On that note somebody should do some a/b of the HA5050H with the likes of those amps. That price needs a little justification if it hopes to sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back