Audio Technic AD700 screws
Jul 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SpyroRM

New Head-Fier
Hi I opened my ad700 and ruined the screws they are now striped at the top is a big hole instead of + or -. Dose some one know the serial number\ model number of this screws?

Jul 31, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't know the answer, but I'd certainly like to know a source for replacement screws. Those screws strip very, very easily. (Bonus points if the replacements aren't as prone to stripping.)

Consider that a warning to anyone who needs to disassemble the AD700s for any reason.

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 5
If talking about warning to any one who want to open the ad700 so the soldering job is bad too. While I tried to do something with the striped screw the drive with the main cables was just laying on the bad without moving at all and I didn't pull the cable either the white cabele detached while soldering it the other red and blue cables detached after I soldered them all the cables never detached again even when I wasn't very gentle after trying for hours to do something to take of the last 2 screws and also after I realised that while the cables were detached I accidentally looped the cable around the plastic of the headphones so I needed to cut the cables and resolder them. I have so much pain in the but with this headphones after closing them I will never even think about opening them again.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 5
What?  I have no idea what you're saying in the second sentence.

Quote:
If talking about warning to any one who want to open the ad700 so the soldering job is bad too. While I tried to do something with the striped screw the drive with the main cables was just laying on the bad without moving at all and I didn't pull the cable either the white cabele detached while soldering it the other red and blue cables detached after I soldered them all the cables never detached again even when I wasn't very gentle after trying for hours to do something to take of the last 2 screws and also after I realised that while the cables were detached I accidentally looped the cable around the plastic of the headphones so I needed to cut the cables and resolder them. I have so much pain in the but with this headphones after closing them I will never even think about opening them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back