Audio Techinca ATH-M50
Aug 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #31 of 42

Quote:
If you aren't going to use the Cowon for it's EQ abilities, then you are wasting away so much of what you just bought. My arguement is simply Cowon (J3) vs iPod Touch. No amps, LODs, etc. A Cowon with all it's EQ capabilities used to the fullest will beat out an iPod Touch with whatever EQ app you want to use. I guess if you need all that extra stuff and you like a flat response, knock yourself out.

Like I said before though, I see no point in these 'phones without the phone'. Everyone is moving toward smartphones, just look at the population as a whole five years ago compared to where we are today. Why buy another device with all that stuff on it? Most already have all the apps, wifi and such on their mobile phone. Why buy a media player with all the same stuff? Why not buy a media player focused solely on what matters and not the apps and such?

Your original statement was Cowon vs iPhone 4.  Not J3 vs iPhone 4.  My response was from point of view that Cowon SQ vs Touch 4 / iPhone 4 - SQ is virtually same (both good).

Yes Cowon's BBE and EQ is superior vs OOTB Touch/iPhone.  Add in a $4 app though (EQU/Equalizer), then IMO you're back to equal SQ again.  Some will agree, some won't.  It comes down to personal preference

I've extensively tried both (not the J3 though - so if you're commenting purely about J3, then I can't debate that - not enough experience).

Like I said - let's agree to disagree.  I respect your opinion - I just disagree with it from my own experience 
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #32 of 42
Nope, the exact opposite actually.  It irks me when people bring up the Beats' price, when there's clear examples of gouging by other audio companies on the market geared towards the audiophile.

Quote:
Hopefully you are not an avid Beats hater, because that would make you a huge hypocrite. Beats are overpriced. Apple is overpriced. Yet you say that's okay if they love the OS and such. Therefore you can not hate on someone who has overpriced Beats if they are truly satisfied with them.

Like I said before, Beats and Apple are so very similar. If you stick up for Apple the way you are now (overpriced is okay if person is truly satisfied), the same must go with Beats.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #34 of 42
Apple and Beats aren't the same at all.  You're really reaching there.  Good advertising and good looks are about the only thing they have in common.  Blindly hating Apple is no better than blindly buying Beats. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #36 of 42
Apple and Beats aren't the same at all.  You're really reaching there.  Good advertising and good looks are about the only thing they have in common.  Blindly hating Apple is no better than blindly buying Beats. 

Both advertise very well. Because of this, both have a swarm of people thinking their products are the best due to the logo. Both are overpriced. For instance, you can get a windows computer with the same specs as a mac for way way less. Look at the price of the iPhone off contract. It is absolutely insane. You can get an android phone with better processor and bigger screen for way less off contract. With both beats and apple, you are paying so much more for the logo. You have to be an Apple fanboy to really think the products arent overpriced at all....

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #37 of 42
Um, sort of their aggressive advertising campaign a couple years back, there was virtually zero advertising from Apple.

Again, pricing debates should be put aside, what people do with their money is their business.  Would I ever invest 6,000 dollars for a Stax headphone?  I think not.  But would I severely question or try to debate someone who purchased one for their own hobby?  Definitely not.

The whole experience with the iPhone just isn't about its logo and form-factor either.  The apple iPhone wasn't much of a success until Apple brought out the app store.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 42
i feel for the reliability and what your getting with the unibody contruction and everything most of thier computers are very competitive. hell mac minis are still 599 and would serve most peoples daily needs

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #40 of 42
Apple does have its moments for competitive pricing.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/03/intel-ultrabooks-unable-to-undercut-macbook-air-prices/

This reminds me: have you guys read the stories about Foxconn? Apple's major manufacturer. That crap is messed up. Maybe they can price the Air so low because Foxconn laborers get paid next to nothing.

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #41 of 42
Not too low if they're having to replace a lot of their workers with 1 million robots due to rising labor prices.  I'd also assume the rages they get are around the same ballpark as any other chinese manufacturer that almost everybody uses to cut their production costs.  Theory crafting on the issue does little good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back