AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Aug 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #1,321 of 3,694
Aug 5, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #1,322 of 3,694
I wonder if this is the brooklyn II card . https://www.audinate.com/products/manufacturer-products/dante-brooklyn-ii

even with this, the DSC is not bundled and need to be provided ?

Yes, that is the Dante OEM board Brooklyn II. Audinate is the manufacturer of these boards and the developer of the Dante protocol.
I believe that OEM manufacturers that use this board do supply it with DVS.
Every OEM manufacturer that wants to build a Dante compatible device has to buy their boards from Audinate. That's the business model of Audinate.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,323 of 3,694
Mike found another crazy clock:
-130 dB at 1 Hz and -145 dB at 10Hz and lower still at higher frequencies.
eek.gif

http://www.oscilloquartz.com/files/1363164953-Br_%20OCXO%208607.pdf

Nice.  Wonder how much they cost.  The J option looks really good.

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,324 of 3,694
Yes, that is the Dante OEM board Brooklyn II. Audinate is the manufacturer of these boards and the developer of the Dante protocol.
I believe that OEM manufacturers that use this board do supply it with DVS.
Every OEM manufacturer that wants to build a Dante compatible device has to buy their boards from Audinate. That's the business model of Audinate.

The killer is the licensing fee - like $10K

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #1,325 of 3,694
Nice.  Wonder how much they cost.  The J option looks really good.

According to Mike: Between $5000 and $ 10000 with a lead time of up to a year

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,326 of 3,694

The killer is the licensing fee - like $10K

no wonder. if Rednet can come out with a strip down version (with external PS option) at USD 400 it will sell like Pokemon Go.

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #1,327 of 3,694
I am getting a fuse for digital equipment, will a hifi tuning supreme "slow blow" fit for rednet ?

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,328 of 3,694
I am getting a fuse for digital equipment, will a hifi tuning supreme "slow blow" fit for rednet ?

The rednets have a T2AL250VAC fuse size 5x20

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,329 of 3,694
Mike found another crazy clock:
-130 dB at 1 Hz and -145 dB at 10Hz and lower still at higher frequencies.
eek.gif

http://www.oscilloquartz.com/files/1363164953-Br_%20OCXO%208607.pdf

They could be fudging the numbers or make the numbers look great on paper but then the real world results don't add up. In that post by Minerva Audio about their upcoming streamers, they talked about the large difference in real world clock performance vs. manufacturer-stated numbers.

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,330 of 3,694

RedNet 3 goes for EUR 1424.- here https://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_rednet_3.htm?ref=search_rslt_focusrite_263992_30
However, I have started to investigate if the Focusrite RedNet AM2 for EUR449.- could possibly suit my personal needs https://www.thomann.de/gb/focusrite_rednet_am2.htm?ref=search_rslt_focusrite_382207_22 Initially it looks very promising! :) Have anyone tried it on this thread?

This was discussed extensively some time back.

Not likely to yield near the SQ of the RN3 or RN16D.  It has no digital output (so can not feed a DAC) and uses a different Audinate product.

The AM uses a Dante Ultimo chip - not the descrete Brooklyn I or II board like the 3 & D16, respectively.

The Ultimo is limited to 96k

https://www.audinate.com/products/manufacturer-products/dante-ultimo

Have you actually listen to the AM2 or is this conclutions by design only? In my case I will use it only with Tidal as source so the 96k limit is not an issue. I am currently curious how it will sound using a AD converter like the Benchmark ADC1 (which is a pretty good option available second hand) connected to my Pioneer U-05 DAC/HPA/PRE (which I like very much) via AES/EBU. The analogue>digital>analogue conversion actually appeal to me. It is almost like the AC>DC>AC path! :)

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #1,331 of 3,694
Have you actually listen to the AM2 or is this conclutions by design only? In my case I will use it only with Tidal as source so the 96k limit is not an issue. I am currently curious how it will sound using a AD converter like the Benchmark ADC1 (which is a pretty good option available second hand) connected to my Pioneer U-05 DAC/HPA/PRE (which I like very much) via AES/EBU. The analogue>digital>analogue conversion actually appeal to me. It is almost like the AC>DC>AC path!
smily_headphones1.gif

@markus94103 has the AM2 on hand and uses Tidal, maybe he can chime in. :)

Aug 5, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #1,332 of 3,694
Have you actually listen to the AM2 or is this conclutions by design only? In my case I will use it only with Tidal as source so the 96k limit is not an issue. I am currently curious how it will sound using a AD converter like the Benchmark ADC1 (which is a pretty good option available second hand) connected to my Pioneer U-05 DAC/HPA/PRE (which I like very much) via AES/EBU. The analogue>digital>analogue conversion actually appeal to me. It is almost like the AC>DC>AC path!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well since it has no digital out - how could I listen to it in my system or compare it to the RN3?

AN>DIG>AN Ok dude what ever works for you
confused_face_2.gif

And by the time you add the cost of a ADC to the mix why not just avoid the Rube Goldberg setup and get a RN3

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #1,334 of 3,694

Something is just not right in that pic .. some of you guys are replacing the old, awful 5devices+20cables Usb chain with a 5devices&10cables Ethernet chain. Why oh why?!
And those Usb thingies were at least small and not so hard to hide. The new Aoip chain is a monster .. made of chritmas-trees-of-leds. The WAF on that stuff is probably strongly negative .. even most IT server racks rooms look better than that stack.

Experimenting is good and fun .. and in the end is your money, your ears, your choice .. but still, that stuff has no future in a living room

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #1,335 of 3,694
Something is just not right in that pic .. some of you guys are replacing the old, awful 5devices+20cables Usb chain with a 5devives&10cables Ethernet chain. Why oh why?!
And those Usb thingies were at least small and not so hard to hide. The new Aoip chain is a monster .. made of chritmas-trees-of-leds. The WAF on that stuff is probably strongly negative .. even most IT server racks rooms look better than that stack.

Experimenting is good and fun .. and in the end is your money, your esra, your choice .. but still, that stuff has no future in a living room

Hahahahahahahahaha…

And that's a 'simple' stack…

Wait till the dual Mutecs with a word and 10M clock and a pair of TP-Link FMC's and a Rnx, are all stacked up…

Bwuuhahahahahahaha

JJ 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back