AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by rb2013, May 1, 2016.
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
  1. Iving
    Thanks mourip
    I agree - To me Windows taming is all part of "The PC does make a difference."
    I have not used AO. If you install/run it, are there any hiccoughs? RedNet doesn't mind?
  2. peteAllen
    Personally I've had lots of trouble with AO and Dante/Roon stability. It did make a positive audible difference though. Worth trying out. (I also didn't like the fact that when I had trouble he essentially required me to pay more to upgrade to the latest version)
  3. Iving
    What sort of trouble Pete? The type that is manageable with a little attention, or the type that makes you want to cry and so you reinstall Windows and start all over?
  4. Iving
    ... talking of which (i.e. reinstalling Windows) - anyone been bothered by restrictions on # DVS activations - I've been moaning at Dante about how an audiophile mucking about tweaking on a Friday afternoon could wind up the whole w/e with no music (and, more frustrating, being just totally brick-walled on a new installation) if nobody is in the office to add some extra allowance ... Dante policing isn't required for we virtuous, law-abiding and non-profit-making audio hobbyists ...
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018 at 1:24 PM
  5. peteAllen
    It's been a while... Dante problems with the services stopping / not being able to see endpoints... I ended up leaving AO in its least invasive form. When I reinstalled windows i didn't reapply AO.

No problems with dvs reinstalls. I think I've done it about 5 times. Until I got the pcie card :)
  6. Golfnutz
    Exact same issue at one point (testing various SSD's). However, after explaining I'm a home user, with a single computer, no recording studio, etc., I got this reply.

" upload_2018-3-13_13-36-10.png
  7. Iving
    I've had to go back - they only add a couple at a time it seems ...
  8. JayNYC
  9. mourip
    AO has been very solid for me. The only issue I have found is that one of the settings disabled a service or function that was network related that DVS needed. If you restart DVS after running AO then DVS will ask if you want that service turned back on. Just say yes and then it will ask for a reboot. Otherwise it has been smooth for me.

I guess one other issue is that I had trouble getting it to work in Core Mode with Win2012R2 but to be honest I did not spend a lot of time trying. I run in minimal server mode and let JRMC be the shell.

With AOIP and the Mutec clocking I find myself less compelled to tweak and more interested in listening.
  10. InsanityOne
    Just wanted to pop in here and say that I am looking to pickup a used Rednet 3 or Rednet D16, I would prefer a modded one, but I don't mind if it's stock, so if anyone is considering selling theirs, we could probably work something out. Thanks!
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229