AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard for Computer Audio
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,316 of 3,694
Two different devices. The Mutec can re-clock which gives a nice uptick but I believe requires an external reference clock before it can offer wclk out to another device. The REF10 is strictly a reference clock and only works with a device that accepts a reference signal. The M3USB can take a reference input but the RN3/D16 can only accept wclk in. So you cannot use the REF10 with those without an intermediate device.

OK as per https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...-computer-audio.806827/page-215#post-13781334

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #3,319 of 3,694
I am starting to think about subscribing to Tidal to broaden my musical exposure. Is anyone here using it with their Rednet setup? Can it be set to use DVS like JRiver or do you need to use a work-around like Virtual Cable?

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,320 of 3,694
I am starting to think about subscribing to Tidal to broaden my musical exposure. Is anyone here using it with their Rednet setup? Can it be set to use DVS like JRiver or do you need to use a work-around like Virtual Cable?

I can't answer your specific question, but will comment on my use of Tidal. I have an iMac - Dante Ethernet - unDAES-O - AES - Yggy. Purchased Tidal through Audirvana+, my player, so everything is synced through A+ and I don't use the Tidal app.

I just wi-fi Tidal files from my router. SQ is terrific. So good that I can forget it and jump into the huge catalogs they've got on most artists and listen for hours. If I really love an album, I can get the cd and rip. Direct comparison, rip vs. streamed, will (usually) favor my cd rip. (Though you never know what master their file and my cd is) When listening to my files, I of course turn off my iMac's wifi connection.

Mainly, I can't say enough about the value of Tidal's huge pool of files to me, miles beyond the $20 per mo. Hope they keep it going, I keep reading how much $ they're losing.

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,323 of 3,694
Jan 22, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #3,324 of 3,694
https://audinate.com/products/devic...oiolsj77MnSdcncRWItwEvDv6AI8_A&_hsmi=60119637

From 129 USD.

Dante AVIO Adapters let you use your favorite legacy audio gear with any Dante-connected system, delivering the interoperability, performance and scalability that only networking can bring. Cost effective, compact and built for the road, Dante AVIO adapters bring the modern connectivity that every audio pro needs in their toolbox.

Analog Input Analog Output AES3 USB

Analog Inputs
AVIO-2CH-Analog-In-showConnectors-trans-600.png

Dante AVIO Analog Inputs let you use analog audio line-level source gear you already own to feed any Dante-connected system. Don’t abandon trusted mixing consoles, wireless mics and other analog sources - adapt them to the world of audio networking with Dante AVIO. Available in 1- and 2-channel versions.

• Connect legacy mixers and consoles to a Dante network
  • Patch DSPs, analog compressors and equalizers into a Dante system using a combination of Dante AVIO Input and Output adapters
  • Connect stage DI boxes and keyboard instruments directly to a Dante network

AVIO-analog-input-from-mixer-diagram-600x520.png

Analog Outputs
AVIO-2CH-Analog-Out-showConnectors-trans-600.png

Dante AVIO Analog Outputs let you drive analog line-level products you already own from any Dante-connected system. Bring your amplifiers, powered speakers and more to the world of audio networking with Dante AVIO. Available in 1- and 2-channel versions.

• Send audio to analog power amplifiers and powered speakers over a Dante audio network
  • Patch DSPs, analog compressors and equalizers into a Dante system using a combination of Dante AVIO Input and Output adapters
  • Create easy drop-points for connecting overflow areas to a Dante network

AVIO-analog-output-speakers-diagram-600x520.png

AES3
AVIO-2CH-AES3-showConnectors-trans-600.png

The Dante AVIO AES3/EBU Adapter lets you use your favorite digital audio gear on a Dante audio network. Don’t abandon great AES3-connected amplifiers, DSPs and mic preamps - adapt them to the world of audio networking with Dante AVIO.

• Send audio to analog power amplifiers and powered speakers over a Dante audio network
  • Create easy drop-points for connecting cry rooms and overflow areas to a Dante network

AVIO-AES3-amp-diagram-600x520.png

USB
AVIO-2CH-USB-showConnectors-trans-600.png

The Dante AVIO USB Adapter lets you connect any computer to a Dante audio network with zero software installation, and can be used with any audio application for playout or recording. Ideal for conference rooms and presentation events.

• Easy audio drop-point for laptops in conference settings, no need to reconfigure your Dante network for different computers
  • Record or playout 2-channel audio from any PC or Mac with no additional software at all
  • Connect mobile devices to a Dante network (with USB adapters)

AVIO-usb-diagram-600x520.png

Specifications
Four types of Dante AVIO Adapters will be available, including one- and two-channel versions of the analog input and analog output adapters.

Jan 22, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #3,325 of 3,694

Looks like it would require a POE switch or at least a POE adaptor/injector. An injector might make it easy to use an LPS to power. I thought that on a Dante network you might be limited to the bit rate of the slowest device on your network so if you are running at 24/96 to one device you could not also run another at 24/192. However on the site Biamp.com I found this:

"Dante supports the use of mixed 100Mbps and Gigabit hardware, audio with mixed sample rates and bit depth, and allows the design of network zones with different latencies. Biamp recommends using Gigabit hardware throughout the network."

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #3,327 of 3,694
Just to post that I upgraded my PC's LPSU from (HDPLEX 200W + HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX adapter) to Larry's new 400W LPSU. The difference is phenomenal. The enhancement may have to do with now supplying dedicated PCIe (6-pin) power for the Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T2. The sound is really mellifluous. Digital edge is like a good girlfriend (or boyfriend): you don't know what you've got till it's gone. More detail too. Proper Hi-Fi :)

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #3,328 of 3,694
I've found that reducing the spurious noise that any SMPS generates, which is in the vicinity of, or is used by any gear that is in the audio chain, results in audible changes for the better. Even if an LPS is used to drive an all digital load (like a computer etc.) which generates its own spurious noise, there are benefits.

So it appears that reducing this noise, regardless of how it is accomplished, can have beneficial effects upon the SQ of a tweaked system.

JJ

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #3,329 of 3,694
Just to post that I upgraded my PC's LPSU from (HDPLEX 200W + HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX adapter) to Larry's new 400W LPSU. The difference is phenomenal. The enhancement may have to do with now supplying dedicated PCIe (6-pin) power for the Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T2. The sound is really mellifluous. Digital edge is like a good girlfriend (or boyfriend): you don't know what you've got till it's gone. More detail too. Proper Hi-Fi :)

Can you link Larry's LPSU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back