Audio noob in need of help
Dec 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:
Thought I would give yall a little update. 

I had the k240 for two weeks and I like them, but felt like the were missing something, also they would sometimes crack and pop on some songs.
I ended up turning them in for the 840s i liked them they fix the issues that the k240s had. but the are not that comfortable. So today I traded them in for the Dt 770 pro 80s. I'm loving them, they are like clouds of sound on my head. 

Cracks and pops, just know that some headphones can be very revealing so you hear every little sound in the recording. I had this with ticking like sounds on some recordings with my old Pioneer which proved to be the conductor or the drummer who can make an occasional 'tack'. Also, certain sound effects used in a recording can be revealed which can sound very weird when the headphone lets you hear those sound effects, particularly the first time.

If so, than the Shure SRH840 sounds less revealing and more musical which could be something you prefer.   

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #32 of 33
I thought that would be mentioned when I finished typing that. but that wasn't the case. I'm not hearing any cracking now. All my music is 320  or higher. I'm really enjoying the dt770s right now. Just one thing worries me about them, and that is the ear cuff might stink after awhile being velvet in all.

Dec 3, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:
I thought that would be mentioned when I finished typing that. but that wasn't the case. I'm not hearing any cracking now. All my music is 320  or higher. I'm really enjoying the dt770s right now. Just one thing worries me about them, and that is the ear cuff might stink after awhile being velvet in all.

Whatever it was, it does not bother you anymore. 320 kbps and higher does not have to be of any factor. I mainly listen to CDs and I occasionally still hear 'weird noises' with some recordings. Sometimes it is in the treble or in definition of a little sound. Oh welll... 

Stinking ear cuff? Leather or pleather pieces could work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back