Audio Mirror NOS DAC
Sep 13, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #107 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
I just bought an MHDT Lab Dialogue II as well as another Non-OS TDA-1543 DAC from http://www.mood-lab.com/dac.htm.

I'm looking forward to comparing them with the 1212m.

I'm really looking forward to your findings, especially comparing it to your E-MU 1212m.

The mood-lab's one was offered by Derek Shek right?

Sep 13, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #109 of 142
so the same ebayer named mhdtlab sells three different versions of the NOS DACs - Dialogue II, Constantine and Renaissence. Wonder how they stack up against each other
redface.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #110 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
so the same ebayer named mhdtlab sells three different versions of the NOS DACs - Dialogue II, Constantine and Renaissence. Wonder how they stack up against each other
redface.gif

I wonder too. Maybe someone should get all three to compare.

Someone located in Taiwan, so shipping costs aren't too high.

And who can maybe pay a visit to mhdtlab if possible to ask questions.
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:58 PM Post #111 of 142
Quote:

I bought the Moodlab TDA1543 DAC on ebay from seller tomtom_at.

That Moodlab Dac sure is cute........
icon10.gif

Translucent frosted case with blue diode erie glow......almost like alien artifact.

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #112 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
redface.gif

DWC has both a Dialogue and Renaissance. He agreed to do a comparitive review but I haven't heard anything back from him as yet.

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #113 of 142
I'm very excited, my DAC is in transit and the glass optical from ebay is already here and waiting!

Sep 13, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #114 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
DWC has both a Dialogue and Renaissance. He agreed to do a comparitive review but I haven't heard anything back from him as yet.

I am officially lagging on this, sorry. Good news is my student band gig is tonight and the intense rehearsal period is over. I'll have more free time shortly.

-Dan

Sep 14, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #115 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by dwc
I am officially lagging on this, sorry. Good news is my student band gig is tonight and the intense rehearsal period is over. I'll have more free time shortly.

-Dan

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you on that. In fact I'd prefer you take your time and be comfortable with your findings.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've now grown intersted in the Constantine as well, I've read a bit about the 1545 chip it uses and some say it's a superior DAC to the 1543 both the Dialogue II and Renaissance use. I believe the 1545 is the DAC the Monica II and Ack Dack use.

As a side note the older 1541 is apparently the creme of the crop but much more difficult to implement well.

Sep 14, 2005 at 11:48 AM Post #116 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
I believe the 1545 is the DAC the Monica II and Ack Dack use.

As a side note the older 1541 is apparently the creme of the crop but much more difficult to implement well.

Yes and yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #117 of 142
The MHDT Lab Digital Dialogue II arrived today.

Shipping took only one day; there are advantages to living in Taipei after all.

I'll wait for the Moodlab DAC to arrive and will start a new thread.

Sep 14, 2005 at 1:45 PM Post #118 of 142
Grats on getting the DAC! Mine is coming tomorrow acording to UPS!

Sep 16, 2005 at 10:19 AM Post #119 of 142
The Moodlab TDA1543 Non-OS DAC arrived today. Shipping took only one day from Hong Kong to Taiwan.

The frosted transparent plastic case looks very good, and it's very small. It only has a coaxial input, though. With toslink, it would pair with an AirPort Express very nicely.

Sep 16, 2005 at 10:55 AM Post #120 of 142
Quote:

The Moodlab TDA1543 Non-OS DAC arrived today. Shipping took only one day from Hong Kong to Taiwan.

The frosted transparent plastic case looks very good, and it's very small. It only has a coaxial input, though. With toslink, it would pair with an AirPort Express very nicely.

I'll be interested in your impressions of the Moodlab especially in comparison to the Dialogue II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back