Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Apr 1, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #451 of 760
I disagree. Silver cable for treble spark. Copper for bass. It's not a night and day difference but it is not placebo either, at least for my ears. Works wonders on all BA sets (started playing with cables when the infamous DM6 came out...)
BA iems are sensitive to resistance differences that will change the FR, whether it is by the amp (OI) or the cable resistance.

Apr 1, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #452 of 760
BA iems are sensitive to resistance differences that will change the FR, whether it is by the amp (OI) or the cable resistance.
That is good to know. Lokahi will be my first BA IEM so I am curious to find out what BAs sound like. I have been avoiding them because I have read that they are infamous for having weird timbre and sort of limp bass.

Hopefully, a nice copper cable will lift it up to a satisfying level.

Apr 1, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #453 of 760
I disagree. Silver cable for treble spark. Copper for bass. It's not a night and day difference but it is not placebo either, at least for my ears. Works wonders on all BA sets (started playing with cables when the infamous DM6 came out...)
I concur with this. There is definite changes in the bass and treble section with change of cables.

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #454 of 760
I disagree. Silver cable for treble spark. Copper for bass. It's not a night and day difference but it is not placebo either, at least for my ears. Works wonders on all BA sets (started playing with cables when the infamous DM6 came out
Well that's definitely not the case, I have experienced some silver cables to have stronger bass than copper cables.

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #456 of 760
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #459 of 760
Bggar recommend mangird tea over the lokahi in his latest Lokahi video, the comment(where he recommended it) seems to be removed...
mangird tea vs Lokahi would sure be a fascinating comparison.
he much prefer DD bass

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #461 of 760
I dont have the tea, but I can tell you that Lokahi would benefit from a dd bass. The lokahi mid bass sounds really lovely, but the sub bass falls off too early. It still sound plenty bassy when it needs to, just not subby. But this also lends to the clarity of the tuning. So i think its an acceptable trade.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #462 of 760
Also it would change the venting situation if there was dd. Right now this set needs a seal or you lose the bass. With a dd you could have rear venting and still get proper bass output and reduce pressure build up on the ears at the same time.

Apr 3, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #464 of 760
If it helps, I can compare to the Thieaudio L5 (4BA+1DD). Although its a non-tubed configuration so maybe not an ideal comparison. But it does demonstrate the bennefits of the DD.

Apr 3, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #465 of 760
yeah bass does not puncture too deeply.
I prefer the FLC8D though and find it more lush, with slightly thicker notes. I think the Lokahi/Storm suffer from a weeny bit of tinge on the upper freqs but when I switched to FLC8D it’s less obvious. Quite similar tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back