Audio Grade Fuses
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #451 of 798
Thanks guys :)

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #452 of 798

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #453 of 798

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #454 of 798
I was hoping that you chimed in. I couldn't remember the fuse you mentioned lol.
I have been meaning to touch base with you about this fuse Bro, as I think it would do some magic in your MJ2.

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #455 of 798
Hi all
May I ask if any Hidiamond powerchord owners experimented with audiophile fuses ?
I use a Uk power chord which has a fuse in the plug. I recently upgraded the cheap 2 cent busman to SR BLUE and it just sucked the life out of my music. I waited for weeks. Nope the sound stayed the same.
I changed the fuse back to busman and the life returned in my music.
This makes me think SR fuse don’t olu along with Hidiamond cables.

Has any Hidiamond power chord user had success with other audiophile fuses ?

Jul 4, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #456 of 798
Hi all
May I ask if any Hidiamond powerchord owners experimented with audiophile fuses ?
I use a Uk power chord which has a fuse in the plug. I recently upgraded the cheap 2 cent busman to SR BLUE and it just sucked the life out of my music. I waited for weeks. Nope the sound stayed the same.

Have you tried flipping the fuse?

It usually sounds better in a specific direction, have a 50% chance of getting it right or wrong.

Jul 4, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #458 of 798
Jul 4, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #459 of 798
Strange indeed.🤔

I found the Blue's better than Black's. Everything.

And from now on, I am using Purple's = really, really, really (...) good. 👍

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #460 of 798
In the Gustard X26 pro (U18 as well) thread most who changed the fuse prefer the SR Purple.
Funny enough I can't remember anyone in the Ferrum thread even mentioning changing their Hypsos fuse... Isn't the Oor's fuse not changeable?
The Devices I'm thinking about tweaking...
Anyone experience with these devices in here?

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #461 of 798
In the Gustard X26 pro (U18 as well) thread most who changed the fuse prefer the SR Purple.
Funny enough I can't remember anyone in the Ferrum thread even mentioning changing their Hypsos fuse... Isn't the Oor's fuse not changeable?
It depends on your system, I am still using the old AMR gold fuse, Created Audio, and Gold Hi Fi Tuning, never seen the needs to replace them, I am really careful not put N th degree of details, wide sound stage, sharp/clear leading edges, and…… the list is long into my system, I have enough detail, I don’t need to hear every scratch in my record, LOL

Jul 9, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #462 of 798
Although I hate spending triple digit money on stuff that I can accidentally inhale. I think the fuse is a pretty important thing and not something to skimp on.

If you think about it, all of the power coming into the device is going through that fuse first, because its a FUSE its designed to protect the device. The conductor pops if there is a surge thats more than the device can handle.

It makes sense that it is going to affect the sound since the material inside the fuse has its own resistance, capacitance, inductance, etc.

I myself upgraded the stock fuse in my denafrips ares ii to a telos fuse. It did provide a nice little upgrade in the sound, I can't remember specifically the details but it definitely improved enough to warrant the cost. I debated whether or not to get the SR orange or purple but I really did not want to spend the money on it. I think its better if I don't know...

Jul 9, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #463 of 798
It depends on your system, I am still using the old AMR gold fuse, Created Audio, and Gold Hi Fi Tuning, never seen the needs to replace them, I am really careful not put N th degree of details, wide sound stage, sharp/clear leading edges, and…… the list is long into my system, I have enough detail, I don’t need to hear every scratch in my record, LOL
Just my 2¢.
Fuses like many other upgrades can indeed provide additional "N th degree of details, wide sound stage, sharp/clear leading edges, and……" but, for me anyway, it's not about the individual details etc, but rather the sum total change to the music itself, ergo it's, 'the whole is much greater than the sum of the parts', sorta thing.

Those technical details are noteworthy for sure, but for me its about how the music is presented, how it draws me in, how it can force me to keep listening (I call this trait SuperDuperGlue http://www.head-fi.org/t/781268/the-diyrs-cookbook/210#post_12265107
http://www.head-fi.org/t/781268/the-diyrs-cookbook/615#post_12706695 )

Put another way, how is the music changed, is it for the better, or is there just a difference?

The SR PurpFuse in my PurpAmp while taking many many hrs to full settle in, does help me enjoy my music all the more and that, for me anyway, is what matters.

And yeah spending triple digit $'s for an expendable safety 'link' does irk me ("I hate spending triple digit money on stuff that I can accidentally inhale" hahahahahahahahahaha) and fuses ARE a 'choke point' for sure. (CP http://www.head-fi.org/t/781268/the-diyrs-cookbook/105#post_12113288 http://www.head-fi.org/t/781268/the-diyrs-cookbook/510#post_12646260 ).

And since I'm used to spending 25¢ NOT $200 for a throwaway bit of tiny wire after it's given it's all to do it's job, I keep thinking of how many more fuses could be sold IF they were more reasonably priced, and how many more listeners would be willing to try them in the 1st place.

Mores the pity I suppose.

JJ

Jul 9, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #464 of 798
Hi all

I looked into the Hidiamond power chords on their web site and they don't even mention having a built in fuse, at least that I could find anyway.
And I've never heard of a detachable power cable having a built in fuse before, which makes me wonder why they did that in the 1st place.

And since the audio device it's powering has to be fused in the 1st place, I'd be tempted to try using a shorting plug instead of any fuse, just to find out what if any audible differences there would be in that case.
AND try putting the SR Blue fuse in the device while the shorting plug is in the power cable as well.

IOW double fusing a power feed, while perhaps being extra cautious, seems like it would, or at least could, hamper the instantaneous current flow delivery to the device it's powering, which in my understanding, after deeply looking into this facet of power delivery, is not a 'good thing'.

Of course YMMV…

JJ

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #465 of 798
Interesting thread I do believe cable have an affect on sound but fuses are little harder to believe. I do have a open mind so considered buying one to see if makes any differences. Have to say kinda shocked at the price’s.

For example I found a fuse (Synergistic SR20 SLOW SMALL 2A) Even at half price of $30.00 that seemed high? Then on top of that they want to charge you over $20.00 to ship 1 fuse. Is this normal and is there anywhere that sells a descent fuse at a more reasonable price?
Sorry just new the the whole fuse world and want to least give it a shot. Wondering would I do better on head fi classified? Any advise would be appreciated on where to shop or what is a decent starter fuse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back