Audio Grade Fuses
Mar 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #211 of 811
Hmmm...
I've only found a couple people giving feedback on the Nano fuses - all but one positive... But wary given so few people seem to have tried them.

Has anyone compared the Liquid Gold Nano fuses with the AMR offerings?

I'm also curious about the $10 fuses sold on Vintage Audio Labs (eBay). Let me know if you've tried those..thanks :)

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #213 of 811
Still rockin' the SR fuse.. Still my favorite at moment, then the Furutech, supreme.

Jun 9, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #214 of 811
Has anyone compared Synergy Hifi/Create Audio fuses with others?

I put one in my Burson Conductor DAC. It made a significant difference (more power and resolution).

(I bought it direct from Synergy Hifi - and told the ones sold by Valab Audio on eBay are counterfeits.).

I put an AMR fuse into my Gallo sub. Resolution has improved.

They are the only fuses I've bought.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #215 of 811
Hi Folks,

For a while now I wanted to try a bunch of audiophile fuses but never quite got to it. Maybe I was hoping to keep it as a somewhat cheap fix for rainy days.

The gods in Asgard were not with me these days and my PWD2 went dead. That in itself almost made me c***  my pants, but that's a story for another time. Once I figured out it was a blown fuse the Pandora's box was opened. So here we go.

The PWD2 uses 2 x 1A SLO-BLO fuses, one for digital, one for analog. The PWD2 comes with "audiophile" fuses, which is a nice move and a statement from a trusted high end manufacturer. I am using the Audiophilleo 2 as USB/SPDIF interface as I am hearing it much cleaner and more transparent than the stock PWD2 USB. My AC power should be very clean, as I am using a good power regen and I am ultimately happy with my system being VERY transparent.

Not only can I confirm hearing a very noticeable difference when changing the fuses in both my Taboo MK3 and PWD2, but it's not subtle either. The level of change is roughly equivalent with the impact of a power cable change.

Either way this being my first venture into fuse rolling I put the following to the test:
- "stock" cheap steel(?) wire fuses
- PS Audio critical link fuses (AHP)
- Synergistic Research Quantum Fuses SR20 (hate their product names with a passion)

Impressions:

-The stock steel fuses in comparison sound muddy, congested and lacking focus. They actually sound so bad I feel they take the DAC down a notch.

-The SR20: I feel I need to break this down over my 2 components:

PWD2 (2x):
2x SR20s: huuuge holographic soundstage, but I ultimately feel 2x these are not very natural sounding in the PWD2. They affect the soundstaging presentation. Instruments appear to sound from further away in the background.  Superb micro detail and extension. Great instrument separation. Tight bass, Airy treble. Cleanest background. Appears to lack a bit of focus compared to other high-end fuses. Where it not for the exagerrated soundstage, and I love great soundstaging, I could have settled with these.

Taboo MK3 (1x):
1xSR20: Still superb holographic soundstage, but no longer feels exagerrated. The rest of attributes are similar as above. My favourite so far with the Taboo. It makes it more toe tapping.

-The PS Audio fuses: Great energy and slam, great instrument separation, excellent attack, natural soundstage, more body than the SR20s, great extension at both ends, great details. Could it be PS Audio tuned the DAC to sound best with these fuses? They sound very good in the Taboo MK3 but not as good as the SR20s.

Right now I am running the PWD2 with one PS Audio fuse on the digital circuit and one SR20 on the analog one, which works very well. I have the HiFi Tuning Supremes and AMR fuses on the way as I have go all the way now. :)

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #217 of 811
I have to used Hifi-tuning supreme but just sold it. I have change to Infinity4power Powerhose Platinum fuse.
It make a huge significant improvement more than Hifi-tuning supreme in every sound quality. More darker background ,3D, and great dynamic. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #218 of 811
Never heard of those before. Any links?

I have the Hifi Tuning Supremes and AMR fuses in my gear and auditioning. It will be a few days of back and forth before I have a draft of impressions. I have also ordered the the AHP fuses version II and should be here in the next couple of days.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #219 of 811
Those Platinum fuses are hard to track down, but googling "infinity power platinum fuse" got some results.

The platinum versions are around $100
eek.gif
. But if that's too cheap for you, then what about the Palladium version at $500
eek.gif
eek.gif
Reminds me of the old joke about allowing the main component to blow first, as that will be cheaper than replacing the fuse.

I wouldn't swear to these prices, just some snippets I came across. On first pass, it's hard to find a site that describes them in full detail.

Aug 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #220 of 811
Aug 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #221 of 811
Quote:
Those Platinum fuses are hard to track down, but googling "infinity power platinum fuse" got some results.

The platinum versions are around $100
eek.gif
. But if that's too cheap for you, then what about the Palladium version at $500
eek.gif
eek.gif
Reminds me of the old joke about allowing the main component to blow first, as that will be cheaper than replacing the fuse.

I wouldn't swear to these prices, just some snippets I came across. On first pass, it's hard to find a site that describes them in full detail.

The Platinum version is the higher(TOP level) level than Palladium So I think the price need to be swapped.
It is Hong Kong  hand made Fuse and it has no official site of product. I know this fuse by the distributor suggest and dare me to compare to any fuse those have sell in the market such as Hifi-tunning, Furutech and SR20 fuse. Finally i own it one. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #222 of 811
Quote:
The Platinum version is the higher(TOP level) level than Palladium So I think the price need to be swapped.
It is Hong Kong  hand made Fuse and it has no official site of product. I know this fuse by the distributor suggest and dare me to compare to any fuse those have sell in the market such as Hifi-tunning, Furutech and SR20 fuse. Finally i own it one. 

What makes it top of the line? Or what is the difference? Is it only the difference in material? Please compare if it's not inconvenient. There is absolutely no info on this any where. I am most curious that if they're made with platinum/Palladium or those are just product name.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #223 of 811
Quote:
What makes it top of the line? Or what is the difference? Is it only the difference in material? Please compare if it's not inconvenient. There is absolutely no info on this any where. I am most curious that if they're made with platinum/Palladium or those are just product name.

First that make it top of the line is price 
bigsmile_face.gif
. Platinum is more expensive than Palladium about 40%.
Second in term of sound.I have no experience with Palladium. But from asking to Distributor and users  who were used Palladium they suggested it for Subwoofer and Image system.
Because Palladium outstanding in term of power and brilliant but Platinum give overall balancing with great dynamic,detail,and clarity.
So they suggest Platinum for sound system more than Palladium.

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #224 of 811
Had to resurrect the thread so a buddy can find it. I still read it from time to time to see if my thoughts changed. Still same rankings.

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #225 of 811
BIG POPPA  Saves the day.
This site should be ongoing, as times change and so do fuses.
Nobody wants to buy these expensive things ( for what they are !),
based on sales headlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back