Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Nov 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #91 of 646
I have got a late 2013 iMac and Audio-gd compass II. It loses connections every 15-30 minutes and I have to restart the DAC or switch to another output device and then switch back to get it reconnected. I have tried all firmware versions available but none all them helped. I have also done a clean OS installation but the problem is still there. 

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #92 of 646
  I have got a late 2013 iMac and Audio-gd compass II. It loses connections every 15-30 minutes and I have to restart the DAC or switch to another output device and then switch back to get it reconnected. I have tried all firmware versions available but none all them helped. I have also done a clean OS installation but the problem is still there. 

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for the heads-up. Are you running OS X Mavericks? Has Audio-Gd proposed any fixes?

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #93 of 646

I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for the heads-up. Are you running OS X Mavericks? Has Audio-Gd proposed any fixes?

Yes, I am running Mavericks. I don't think it has anything to do with the OS, but rather USB 3.0. Since it works fine on my old Macbook Pro running Mavericks. I sent emails but did not get anything helpful. What they suggested was just I should switch to another USB port, which is apparently not the solution. I am thinking about getting a USB interface.

To be fair, I don't think it is Audio-gd's problem alone, as one of my USB 3.0 external hard drives does not work on this new iMac either, most of my USB 3.0 devices work fine though. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #94 of 646
Where can I grab the 9-3 firmware from?  I can't find it on the Audio-GD site.  Is that the latest firmware version?

*EDIT*
Finally found it... anyone try firmware #11?

WG

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #95 of 646
The #11, #10 and #10-3 are for DI-V3. For your NFB-11.32 you should use #9 ( SBT support ) or #9-3 ( SBT support & USB 3.0 improved stability )

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #96 of 646
Thanks.... I upgraded to 9-3 last night and it works great.  I noticed on the Audio-GD site, firmware 7, 9,  and 10 are supposed to be compatible with the NFB-11.32.

WG

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #97 of 646
I upgraded my NFB2 with new USB32 Via chip and using Jriver for playback. Used the driver 2.0 off Audiogd website. Redbook files are fine but cant seem to get hirez to work right, lots of screechy high pitched interference and drop outs. Using win7 and Paul Pang Audio 3.0 USB card. 

Is Foobar the only player that works for hirez? I didnt have to copy anything over to Jriver, the Audiogd options were already there. Am i doing something wrong?

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #98 of 646
  I upgraded my NFB2 with new USB32 Via chip and using Jriver for playback. Used the driver 2.0 off Audiogd website. Redbook files are fine but cant seem to get hirez to work right, lots of screechy high pitched interference and drop outs. Using win7 and Paul Pang Audio 3.0 USB card. 

Is Foobar the only player that works for hirez? I didnt have to copy anything over to Jriver, the Audiogd options were already there. Am i doing something wrong?

Turned out to be an install issue with the USB32 board. Instructions were a little vague. If anyone does the upgrade you need to swap both parallel resisters to 4.7ohm for proper voltage to board. Kingwa was helpful in getting to the bottom of issue. Hirez files playing in Jriver! YEAH!

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #101 of 646
I was just about to post about the new firmware.  I'm glad to hear people are hearing the same things I am.  I am doing back and forth comparisons between it and the Audiophilleo and I think I either now prefer the USB 32 or its a draw between the two.  Only further listening will tell.  This is extremely surprising given how badly the Audiophilleo outperformed the old firmware imo.  It is much much clearer and the midrange is much better than the old firmware.  I'm very pleased.

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #105 of 646
Keep in mind that the driver is in the beta stages. The only problem I have had is that I can't play files with sample rates higher than 96k. I'm using J River on 64bit windows 8.1. When I down sample higher sample rate files to 96k they play flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back