Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #122 of 646
I'm not sure that I care much about 192khz at the moment. The treble issues have disappeared for me, which is huge. My test song for that was the sacd of michael jackson, billie jean. Could not listen to that at all before, now I can! The sound spectrum sounds more balanced now. I've been whistling and toe tapping since the new driver as well. Awesome free upgrade!

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #124 of 646
hi, sorry first time audio-gd owner here (NFB 11.32), how do i update the firmware using a mac?

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #126 of 646
Has anyone tested the new 2014 F/W ?

From Audio-gd's site :

"USB-32 firmware 2014  and driver 2014 for test.  

Improved the sound quality and less CPU require .
The firmware only for the DACs not for the DI V3.
The firmware update had risk while wrong operate, please consider careful then make the decision.
 If you have not experiences of update the firmware, you may can waiting some days see how is other users test issue.
Please read the files before doing any operates. Please feedback what you find, thanks.   
 http://www.audio-gd.com/USB32 driver 2014.rar"

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #127 of 646
Dude look up- last 2 pages talking about this 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #128 of 646
Bit confused..... is this software update for all Audio_gd's, or is it just for a select few? I have the Compass 2, yet there is no firm link to that 2014 driver on it's web-page.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #130 of 646
The Firmware update is for all unit's that uses the USB-32 transfer chip except the DI2, Meaning if you unit uses the Tennor USB chip then the firmware update is not for you.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #131 of 646
I tested the new firmware and driver on the DI V3 even though it's meant for the DACs only. Here's the feedback I sent to Kingwa about this.

"Dear Kingwa,

Just want to give feedback on the new USB32 firmware and driver 2014.

I install the firmware on the DI V3 supply SPDIF to the DAC19DSP.

1. After install, USB32 and driver 2014 works in Windows 7 64 bit.

2. Playback with Jriver, Foobar and Winamp works with WASAPI

3. Playback with with JRiver, Foobar and Winamp do not work with ASIO. There is no sound.

4. There is no selection for 32bit or 24 bit on the VIA ASIO control panel.

Overall, playback on the WASAPI with new firmware and driver, sound is very good, with very deep bass and sparkling trebles. Not tiring to listen to.

However, I uninstall the driver 2014 and install the old USB32 driver v2. It still works and in the VIA ASIO Control panel, there is now selection for 32 bit or 24 bit for ASIO. I select 24 bit.

Now, ASIO playback works in JRiver, WASAPI and Winamp. 

It seems the new driver 2014  default playback in ASIO is 32 bit and cannot select 24 bit. The sound quality however, is a bit more smoother and bass is less interesting compare to the new driver.

I like the sound on the new driver. There is much improvement.  But I need ASIO playback. 

Will there be plans to make the new driver and ASIO work on the DI V3?"

I must say the new driver and firmware are improvements over the previous versions, with deep, resonant bass, less abrasive and open trebles with an opening up of the soundstage. Seems to have a deeper, and higher opening up of the soundstage. Very 3D quality.

When I use the earlier driver V2 on the new firmware, the ASIO works if I select 24 bit on the VIA ASIO Control panel. However, there is a slight drop in sound quality. Playback via WASAPI reveal a smoothing over of the trebles and shrinking of the soundstage. There is still more bass compared to the old firmware but it is less resonant and slightly boomy.

I really wish the issue is fixed for the ASIO so that this can be used on the DI V3. 

In the end, I reverted back to firmware # 11 and Driver V2 for the DI V3 just to be safe but really do missed that improvement in the sonic presentation. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #132 of 646
The firmware for all built in USB32 as USB interface DAC, but not for the DI-V3 because it is limit 24bit on SPDIF transmit.
We have declare on the web :  The firmware only for the DACs not for the DI V3.

The DI V3 firmware have finished at the same time of the DACs firmware but we like to test with DACs users at first.
The DI-V3 firmware will release later if the test have not matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back