Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Jul 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #61 of 646
The forum is in Danish. Actually, I really like the SA1.32. My first impressions is that the 1.32 has a nice sound stage encased in a slight warmth. The sound stage isn't overly expansive and 'hovering in the air', but it has a nice sense of space and dimensionality. The sound seem smooth, but not polite. Rather more like dynamic and smooth.

When I listened to the DAC, I got a sense of being in a slightly dark movie theater sized venue or something like that... Just my first impressions, and ofc everything is said in reference to my other DAC.

Jul 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #62 of 646
Quote:
Okay... Now you get the full story. I am using the SA1.32 DAC, which I have borrowed (along with a lot of other members of the local 'head-fi' of my country). Everyone else could get it to work. I can't. 

I guess I don't know the firmware version, but it is a fairly new device lent to us 'head-fiers' by the adminstrator of the forum, who also sells gear.

The DAC does work with my macbook. I have used the same drivers as the person who had the DAC before me. It isn't the drivers that they link to on the Audio GD website. I can find the link if you want me to.

When I installed the drivers I followed the guide until the ASIO part where I couldn't find the device in the dropdown menu. First time I tried the DAC, I got a bit of sound - like 2 seconds. Then it stopped and a 1kHz tone (or something like that) suddenly began to play from the headphones.

Thank you for all your help.

My pleasure David...Just hope we can get it going.

Do you the have the VIA ASIO.exe?

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #63 of 646
No, I don't. What is it's function?

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #65 of 646
I have tried uninstalling the usb drivers. The DAC does accept 96/24 optical input, though not 192/24 for some reason. So it partially works... Which drivers should I install, and how do I know which to install?

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #66 of 646
Quote:
I have tried uninstalling the usb drivers. The DAC does accept 92/24 optical input, though not 192/24 for some reason. So it partially works... Which drivers should I install, and how do I know which to install?

It is likely that it uses the DIR9001 spdif chip, which is limited to 96 khz

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #67 of 646
Hmmm... since I am the man who enjoyed the progess and aswell controlling the situation, but in the meantime our master of creation is not so obsessed with information flow, let me humble to announce, about 08082013 we had an firmware update, which assuming the changelog was mainly aimed to usb 3.0 compatibility issues. Resume as of 0808 we had 2 the newest firmwares concerning either USB-32 or DI-V3, there are respectfully 9-3 and 10-3, so play about them if you wish. Me beeing pioneer experimental always, 9-3, same as previosuly 9 or 7 is nice and dandy. So good luck with your experimental progress.

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #68 of 646
^What the above poster is trying to say, is that the A-GD stuff doesn't necessarily play nice with usb 3.0? I have only tried my usb 3.0 ports.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #69 of 646
Ehh.. no good deeds goes unpunished. I am not saying any of such thing. I am only inform fellow memebers that there is the new firmware if anyone beside me is intertested to use it. USB 3.0 is still work in progres for many mainboards producers, there are many implementations like native intel Z87, and add-on ones like asmedia, nec, reneisance etc.. So bottomline is if using any of this various implementaion, your USB device should meet various parameters correctly, that is what was in work of this firmware version i assume. Here is direct quote from changleog.
"[size=12pt]Firmware #9-3 :  Support Windows, mac and Linux (SBT) , for all DAC built in USB-32 if want to connect SBT through USB, update to this firmware. ( Improve USB3.0 compatibility )[/size]"
If you have no problmes with your USB-32 DAC on USB3.0 port its great, if you have the problem this firmware update might fix it, that's all.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #71 of 646
They were once published on official Audio-GD site, but unfortunatelly as of some less capable folks, who shaterred their firmwares chips, firmwares were pulled off from main site. Yet after pulling ofr links to firmware from the main sites Kingwa published tchem few times in few different threads. Here is the link to the last one known to me.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/500369/audio-gd-digital-interface/3870#post_9563929
I am the fan of either Audio-GD DAC's and the new things in general, so i always check new firmwares and drivers. I can say that from firmware 7, thru 9 and till 9-3, changes are cosmetics at its best in case if you are using DAC plugin directly to your pc USB ports. Still its rather good seeing Kingwa and VIA working on firmware updates on regular basis to address known issues.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #73 of 646
Last month I purchased the 11.32 new here in Australia. On my MacBook it sounds fantastic (with new Mr Speakers Mad Dogs). However, on my work laptop I am still getting pops and hesitation which is starting to drive me crazy. I followed the Audio-gd installation video, which all went well in terms of getting the system operational, but not working smoothly enough for my liking. Some points to note:
- Laptop is a Dell Latitude 5410, Core i5 with 4GB RAM, Windows 7, 32 bit
- I previously used a NuForce uDAC2 which didn't have this problem
- I tried swapping the USB cable for the NuForce cable with no discernable difference
- Most of my listening is via Rdio (think Spotify), with some iTunes ALAC (16/44.1)
- The problem seems to get worse when I make the laptop work hard
- I tried to find the software/firmware versions today and failed dismally...

Very honoured to be making my first post here on Head-Fi, so any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #75 of 646
Soundwise I cant tell the difference between 1.22, 1.3 and 2.0.

The only difference for me is only with 1.22 I can have Via directks asio set at 32 bit, as confirmed by asio caps as int32lsb.

Only with 1.22 driver, I can set 32bit inside BSdeck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back