Audio-GD Singularity 19
Mar 19, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #167 of 285
@TurbOSquiD67  Have you tried different USB and coax cables? What were you using in the first place? I've had bad cables and choosing the wrong ports cause issues. 

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #168 of 285
  @TurbOSquiD67  Have you tried different USB and coax cables? What were you using in the first place? I've had bad cables and choosing the wrong ports cause issues. 

I've tried multiple USB cables, but have not tried coax. I'd like to try coax but need a sound  card for my computer. Not sure which card is easy beans and no extra stuff - still doing research but recommendations are welcome! Maybe not a $400 card though lol.

I tried to use the USB cable that came with the NOS19, but it's EXTREMELY tight fitting. Ended up using one of mine because I wasn't comfortable with how tight the fit was. Audio-gd says the tight fit is normal. Anyone else experience this?

Unsure which ports have the least traffic, or have the most optimal bus route with the least noise - I'd have to study the schematics.
Gigabyte GAMING G1 - watercooled i7-6700k
GTX980ti
Samsung 950 pro MSATA ssd for the OS (on the mobo, close to processor)
shielded SATA cable for a Samsung SSD (out of case as far away from psu as possible)
Corsair AX860i psu (external, grounded to case, far away as possible)
Tripp Lite 500W Isolator for amps/dacs
Tripp Lite 1200W line conditioner for computer. 

Still testing to see which implementations have the biggest impact on lowering the noise floor. So far the best "mods" to reduce noise were taking the psu out of the case, moving everything as far away from my tube gear as possible, and the line conditioner. 

Another thing that made a huge difference was tidying up my solder joints on the RCA jacks and cleaning my RCA connectors/cables. Used Cardas Quad Eutectic solder, and ensured the jack was fully encompassed with solder, cleaned, and sealed with Deoxit Shield. 

-T

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #169 of 285
Apple USB cables tend to be pretty tight-fitting as well. That's not a problem. If anything, it should result in better pin contact.

Checking the bios settings to see if anything can be changed related to USB might be worth trying. You could also try a USB 2 hub (or Schiit Wyrd) between the computer and DAC as sometimes the issue with the newer chipsets. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #170 of 285
If you had a master 7 you would realize that the Singularity 19 will never be better
I use a Master 7 in NOS mode with a Singxer Usb converter feeding the master 7 with I2S
 I have heard over the last couple of years most of the so called killer dacs nad the Master 7 is simply better in all ways
Yes I have not heard the Singularity 19and don't need to. The Master 7 is killer
Alan

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #171 of 285
  If you had a master 7 you would realize that the Singularity 19 will never be better
I use a Master 7 in NOS mode with a Singxer Usb converter feeding the master 7 with I2S
 I have heard over the last couple of years most of the so called killer dacs nad the Master 7 is simply better in all ways
Yes I have not heard the Singularity 19and don't need to. The Master 7 is killer
Alan

Considering the Master 7, not to mention the M7 Singularity, is 3 to 4 times the cost of a Singularity 19, twice the physical size, utilizes three times as many transformers, and is a fully balanced design, I would certainly hope the M7 outshines and S19.

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #173 of 285
My R2r DAM1 dac with ultracaps powered sound better than nos7.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #175 of 285
Mar 21, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #178 of 285
Mar 22, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #180 of 285

Ah, so you are referring to this http://audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/DA01/DA01EN.htm

The only product AGD sells with DAM1 right now is the Singularity 19.
So you are saying the Sing19 is better than the Nos7, interesting.

I'm build the new dac with this modules.
this sounds better,not s19.

Please post pictures and details, maybe in a new thread. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back